Secondary Success Conditions and Faction Missions

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
Jacque
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Jacque Woods

Secondary Success Conditions and Faction Missions

Post by Jacque » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello Everyone I just want to reiterate from the past day what the Secondary Success Conditions mean for you all.
  1. You will still have a faction and will need to choose a faction when you make a new character.  There are still 8 factions in Pathfinder Society and it's important that your character has a faction.  You may not get a slip of paper during the mission briefing stating that you have to find a whosit or whatsit but there are still faction missions written in the scenarios.
  2. In Season 5 scenarios not all factions will have a faction mission.  It is important that you know what your faction's goal is for the season.  If you know what your faction's goal is, you will probably be able to figure out if you have a faction mission in the scenario or not.  Faction mission will not always be stated.
  3. Secondary success conditions are not always explicitly stated.  As Jeff mentioned in his post on the yahoo group, a secondary mission might entail a choice - should you destroy the whatsit or should you bring it back to the Society - what would bring you more fame within the Society?  Or what would the Society prefer?  Sometimes, the secondary mission might also be something as easy as don't be a dick to an NPC.
  4. With the lack of stated secondary missions and faction missions, it is more important than ever to pay attention at the table!  Don't be surprised if, because you didn't pay attention, you lose out on a prestige point or faction mission boon.  And please, please, please don't argue with the GM if he or she does not give you a prestige point or faction boon.  Remember, you are not supposed to get every prestige point or faction mission.

I think that Secondary Success Conditions and the new faction mission system will make things easier for everyone involved, certainly the GMs.  Please embrace the change, I know it's difficult right now, but in the long run I think it will make for a better game.
Last edited by Jacque on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Re: Secondary Success Conditions and Faction Missions

Post by Ahz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey, where is it listed what scenarios are of particular importance to specific factions?  I once saw such a list but can't find it anymore.

Thanks

Paul

Jacque
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Jacque Woods

Post by Jacque » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:51 pm

For scenarios at the beginning of Season 5, the list of faction specific scenarios are in the email sent from your faction leader.

Prethen
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Prethen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:12 am

Jacque Woods - Venture Captain wrote: For scenarios at the beginning of Season 5, the list of faction specific scenarios are in the email sent from your faction leader.
I think I've signed up for virtually every Paizo e-mail but I've yet to receive any faction e-mails or the like. Is there some other sign-up I need to be on?

Sior

Post by Sior » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I think it was a one-time emailing. If you have since checked the boxes to get the emails, it won't suddenly appear in your inbox. I tried, haha.

Quick links for the letters are:

martinblake1415
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Martin Blake

Post by martinblake1415 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:02 am

This Paizo blog lists the factions for the beginning scenarios of season 5: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lf ... mon-Begins

Unfortunately, this does not cover the scenarios past 5-07.  To get info on what factions are related to a scenario check in the scenario description on paizo.com.  From a recent post by Mike Brock:
Mike Brock wrote:To find the blurbs, go to the PFS scenario product page under the GM tab and read the blurb for each scenario. You will find the factions particularly interested in the scenario. For example:
5-06: Content in "You Have What You Hold" also contributes directly to the ongoing storyline of the Sczarni faction.
5-07: Content in "Port Godless" also contributes directly to the ongoing storylines of the Cheliax, Osirion, and Qadira factions.
5-09: Content in "The Traitor's Lodge" also contributes to the ongoing storyline of the Grand Lodge faction.

martinblake1415
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Martin Blake

Post by martinblake1415 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:11 am

Mid-season faction updates - including which scenarios factions should concentrate their efforts on: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lf ... on-Updates