State of the Lodge-October 2017

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

State of the Lodge-October 2017

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 pm

Pathfinders...
Starfinders...

We have been busy! Con season has been in full swing and I'm just now getting a chance to let everyone know what has been going on with the lodge.

Since GenCon took place in mid-August, we have had two major conventions, and several lesser conventions take place in the last two months not to mention the release of Starfinder. Additionally, we have several more lesser conventions that are coming up fast!

Almost immediately after GenCon, B-Con took place up in Denver. It was the innaugural session of B-Con that allowed more than just board games, and everyone in attendance had a great time! (You know that gamers are dedicated when there is a fire alarm that causes the hotel to evacuate, and people start to play games on the sidewalk while they wait to go back in!) A few short weeks after B-Con came Tacticon! Once more, fun was had by all in attendance!

Most people would say that having two conventions in such short order would be alot, but we aren't done yet! Since then, we have had Pikes Peak ComicCon in Colorado Springs (many thanks to Randy Williams for taking the lead on this) and Adventure Night in Colorado Springs (many thanks to Eric Parker for taking the lead on this).

With all of this going on, I'll bet many of you are saying "I wish I could still help out." Well, I've got news... We have even more events coming up! I've included a short list of all of the events that are coming up and who needs to be contacted for more information on helping out and having fun!

Denver--MileHiCon (Oct 27-29) POC: Zach Armstrong at zachthedm@gmail.com
Colorado Springs--Colorado Springs Comic & Toy Convention (Oct 28) POC: David Petik at dmnpetik@yahoo.com
Colorado Springs--Charity Event at Enchanted Realms (Nov 4) POC: Everett Morrow at everettmorrow5@gmail.com
Colorado Springs--GameCon IX at Rampart High School (Nov 11) POC: O.J. Pinckert at whitemane_1@yahoo.com

*WHEW*

With all of these events taking place, we also have some Hails and Farewells to the Venture Officer Corps for the Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society.

It is my sad duty to announce that Rene Ayala, one of our Venture Lieutenants, is leaving us for jolly old England! He is an incredible GM and player and his presence will be missed.

Additionally, David Petik is resigning from his position as Venture Agent at Heroes & Dragons in Colorado Springs. Unfortunately, real life catches up with us all, and I look forward to continuing to see David around the gaming table!

On the plus side, it is my pleasure to announce several promotions to the Venture Officer Corps. The first promotion that I am excited about is announcing that Randy Williams has been promoted to the position of Venture Lieutenant. Those of you that know Randy know that he has been the Venture Agent at Enchanted Realms in Colorado Springs for a year and a half. In addition to organizing the games at Enchanted Realms, he has always stepped up above and beyond in helping to organize the various conventions all along the Front Range. This promotion is one that is well deserved.

The next promotion that I would like to announce is that of Brian Brumbaugh to the position of Venture Agent for Heroes and Dragons. Those of you that know Brian know that he is an outstanding GM and player and a regular fixture at several Pathfinder venues. His promotion is a welcome addition!

The final promotion that I would like to announce is that of Sean Dineen to the position of Venture Agent for CIVA High School. Sean has started a Pathfinder Society Club at CIVA High School which meets on a weekly basis. Additionally, Sean is a regular fixture at Enchanted Realms.

Well, that's all for now!

Explore, Report, Cooperate!
Last edited by WhiteMane on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Re: State of the Lodge-October 2017

Post by slate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Congrats to the new VO's!

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: State of the Lodge-October 2017

Post by CDragos » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Wow! Congratulations to all the new Venture Peeps!!!

Rene and David, thank you for your service to PFS. May your future endeavours be awesome.

Cheers!
Christian Dragos
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver