State of the Lodge - March 2018

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

State of the Lodge - March 2018

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Pathfinders...
Starfinders...

So much is going on that I don't quite know where to begin...

First the conventions we've had... GalaxyFest was a huge success! Lots of fun, lots of tables, and the first run of 8-99(B) Solstice Scar Version B to take place in Colorado! Randy Williams, our incredible Venture Lieutenant out of Colorado Springs went above and beyond in organizing this event. Way to go! The following week, we had GenghisCon which was just as huge a success! Pathfinders and Starfinders were at the con in force and lots of fun was had by all. Additionally, we finally got a legal table of 9-00 Assault on Absalom to go off... A first in Colorado! Chris Mabbut and Zach Armstrong, our Venture Captain and Venture Lieutenant for Denver did an incredible job!

Now the conventions that are on the horizon... GameCon X will be happening on April 28 at Rampart High School. For the first time, we will have a large enough presence that we will request support from Paizo for all the middle school and high school kids! It is going to be so much fun! KoboldCon will be happening on May 12-13 at Chapel Hills Mall. We will have a writer from Paizo attending the convention and it should be so much fun... I will be posting details about it within the next week or two, so don't miss out!

FreeRPG Day is taking place on June 16. It promises to be alot of fun, and the rumor (according to the FreeRPG Day web site) is that Paizo will be releasing an adventure for Pathfinder AND an adventure for Starfinder this year! Yes, TWO adventures! How awesome is that? If you want to know where to go, get in touch with your local Venture Officer and they can help you get set up to have alot of fun in June!

Our next announcement is that there is a new version of the PFS Guild Guide is out. Among other things (although this is the biggest change), there is a new faction that is available for Pathfinder Society play... The Concordance faction! Download the new guild guide for free and take a look!

Finally, I hope everyone will take a moment to welcome our new Venture Agent! Phillip Anglin has been running sessions of Pathfinder and Starfinder on a regular basis at Chaos Games in Pueblo! As such, I have submitted him to become our newest Venture Agent! Welcome aboard Phillip, it's awesome to have you spreading the goodness down in Pueblo!

That's all for now... With all of these things going on, I hope everyone is just as excited as I am!

Explore, Report, Cooperate!
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

jahenders
Society Field Agent
Name: Jim H
PFS Number: 177013
GM Novas: 2

Re: State of the Lodge - March 2018

Post by jahenders » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:30 am

OJ, can you give me a hint where the new guide is at on Paizo? All I'm seeing on the site is V9 from Aug 2017.

Thanks
---
Jim H
PFS # 177013
SFS GM Novas:â—‹

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:58 am

Jim H wrote: OJ, can you give me a hint where the new guide is at on Paizo? All I'm seeing on the site is V9 from Aug 2017.
Even though it says the date is Aug 2017 in your downloads, that is the new guide.... When you download, you can see the changes in it.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

greyblade23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by greyblade23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 pm

The faction journal cards have the Concordance too, at the very end. Confused me at first, since they still have the Scarab Sages. :-[

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:50 pm

You're still allowed to play as Scarab Sages. They're giving those members of the faction a chance to get the rest of the Sages scenarios completed.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver