Pathfinder 2nd Edition Poll

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates

What are your thoughts regarding Pathfinder 2nd Edition?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 am

It's about time!
7%
Why change? 1st Edition is the only way to go!
11%
Wait and see.
19%
When it comes out, I will play 2nd edition, but I will also keep playing 1st edition since Society will offer both.
63%

Total votes: 27

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Pathfinder 2nd Edition Poll

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 am

Pathfinders...

What are everyones thoughts?
Last edited by slate on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

SirScottALot
Venture Lieutenant

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Edition Poll

Post by SirScottALot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

I fully intend to participate in the playtest, and try to run the playtest adventure for as many audiences as possible, and send any feedback to Paizo, to make Pathfinder 2.0 the best product for our needs. Until 2.0 content has enough PFS material to keep my group busy every week, I intend to keep running PFS 1.0 as long as players still want to play.
Scott Sinclair
Venture Lieutenant, Northern Colorado
Discord: https://discord.gg/ftWcdTq
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/FoCoRPG/events/
Twitter @Sir_Scott_A_Lot

Pogie
Society Field Agent
GM Stars: 2

Post by Pogie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 am

I would think they want PFS 2.0 to hit the ground running. I anticipate they will release enough scenarios when 2.0 goes live that you will be able to play at least once a week.

They probably want the new edition to get as much traction as possible and giving folks the excuse of not enough content will allow folks to backslide to 1.0. They won't want that. I think they may also have learned s lesson that StRfinder could have benefitted from more content available at release.

SirScottALot
Venture Lieutenant

Post by SirScottALot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:37 am

I'll be really happy if they drop PFS 2.0 even heavier than they did Starfinder Society. I have people at my store who are always chomping at the bit for the next SFS scenario, and even with the Dead Suns campaign, there's not enough SFS content available for them. Even if they come out of the gate with 2/month, and a slate of 5-10 "launch" scenarios, a store like ours will burn through the available content, since we run Society games every week. Even if they released a full "Season Zero", I anticipate we'd still clear that within half a year. I have to keep a spreadsheet to dig out obscure scenarios to find anything in a low tier which hasn't been run within the last two years.

I currently offer a low/low-ish (1-5/1-7/3-7) PFS game every week, and alternate weeks offer either a high/high-ish (3-7/5-9/7-11) PFS game or SFS game for a second table. My "future planning" at this point is that around August 2019, I'll rotate the schedule around, and keep offering a PFS 1.0 every week, and alternate the second table between PFS 2.0 and SFS, but that will depend on the excitement levels and product available for each. Eventually, I would anticipate reshuffling that balance, but that's guessing about two years or more out. By then, it could be more desirable to the group to just run two tables of SFS, and the next week run two tables of PFS 2.0, leaving PFS 1.0 for special months with 5 game days. On a related note, I plan to run playtest for the second table for a while this fall, and again in the summer of 2019 as a kind of "preview mode" for final release.

We still have a year and a half of new PFS 1.0 scenarios to come out, so we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 new scenarios before they stop putting out new PFS 1.0 content.
Scott Sinclair
Venture Lieutenant, Northern Colorado
Discord: https://discord.gg/ftWcdTq
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/FoCoRPG/events/
Twitter @Sir_Scott_A_Lot

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 am

SirScottALot wrote: We still have a year and a half of new PFS 1.0 scenarios to come out, so we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 new scenarios before they stop putting out new PFS 1.0 content.
I'm glad I will still have plenty of 1st edition stuff to play & offer at Wizard's Chest. I purchased the Starfinder rulebook, played 3 SFS games, but didn't like the mechanics of the rules. It looks like 2.0 will be using similar mechanics. I'm not happy about it. But, I don't want to quit PFS.

I'll just have to keep reading the paizo boards to see how it all goes.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver