Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook errata version 2 out now

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook errata version 2 out now

Post by slate » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi All,

Paizo has released the second errata for Pathfinder Second Edition. The errata can be found in this blog post. Unfortunately, the errata contains the original errata plus the new errata. VA Jesse in Denver sent me this link to a reddit post that covers (most of) the changes in errata from first to second.

Please try to familiarize yourself with the changes, especially GMs! I'll post some things that stuck out to me in the thread. Feel free to post your own as well.
Last edited by slate on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook errata version 2 pdf out now

Post by CDragos » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Ya beat me to posting the links.
Wow, PFS2e just seems to be getting worse. And way too complicated.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:06 pm

Page 278: In critical hits, "When you make an attack and roll a natural 20...or if the result of your attack exceeds the target's AC by 10" was too broad a brush and thus slightly inaccurate for how to determine a critical hit, in an attempt to state the conditions succinctly. Replace the first section with "When you make an attack and succeed with a natural 20" so that's it's clear the natural 20 must succeed based on the total result in order to get a critical success.

A nat 20 is no longer a Crit? You still need to beat the AC or DC by 10?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

slate
Venture Captain

Post by slate » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:07 pm

CDragos wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:06 pm A nat 20 is no longer a Crit? You still need to beat the AC or DC by 10?
That's always been the case in 2e. It's never been a guaranteed hit, let alone a guaranteed crit. It's always just increased the success condition by 1.

For example, the Balor is a Creature 20 with an AC of 45. In order to hit on a natural 20, you must have a +25 to your attack. Let's say you have a +30 to attack. You will hit a balor on a 15 and crit only on a natural 20, due to it changing the 50 (+5 to ac) from a success to a critical success.
Last edited by slate on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slate
Venture Captain

Post by slate » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:11 pm

CDragos wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm Wow, PFS2e just seems to be getting worse. And way too complicated.
I disagree, they're cleaning up some messy language and have fixed or clarified lots of things. I don't think anything has broken the game.

And to be fair, there were lots of issues in 1e that were errata'd over the years, too. 5 revisions if I recall correctly.
Last edited by slate on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slate
Venture Captain

Re: Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook errata version 2 out now

Post by slate » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Update on Errata and how it applies to PFS: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748d ... Errata#276

Summarized:
James Case wrote: 1. If your character owns an item that no longer exists in the Core Rulebook due to errata, or that is no longer legal for purchase (for instance, staves with property runes), your character loses this item and immediately regains the full gold piece price you paid for it.
2. If your character owns an item whose price has increased due to errata, you can either sell it back at the price you paid for it, or you can pay the difference in price.
3. If an item decreased in price due to errata, you immediately regain the difference in price.
4. The errata states that “the GM might allow you” to upgrade an item from a lower-level version to a higher-level version (for instance, upgrading a type I bag of holding to type II). This is allowed for Pathfinder Society.

These changes take effect immediately and will be reflected in the next update to the Guide to Organized Play and other more permanent sources, but I'd like to post here as well just to get the word out. We are also working on creating a standard set of rules for bringing your character up to date when affected by errata, similar to the rules present in the Guide for Starfinder Society.

slate
Venture Captain

Re: Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook errata version 2 out now

Post by slate » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Update on errata -- some clarifications: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748d ... Errata#297
Mark Seifter wrote:Everyone, thank you for your patience. The great way you all responded here, offering that patience again despite how long you've had to wait, was helpful to me in expediting some of the talks I needed to have with various people. Here's what we've got:

1) We want one-handed weapon characters who keep a free hand to be able to use their worn tools, and that includes Battle Medicine. Last night, Jared Thaler cleverly noticed the same thing that the design team had noticed just a bit earlier ourselves that this applies to more than just healer's tools so was a bit bigger than it seemed.

The end result was adding an update on the errata for Battle Medicine and for worn tools. Basically if you're wearing a set of tools, you don't need one hand to hold the kit and the other hand to hold the specific thing you're using (bandage, lockpick, or what have you), you just need one hand to draw the items you need, and the kit as a whole stays worn.

2) In the errata entry for attacks, added a breakdown explanation of attack rolls, the attack trait, and multiple attack penalty.

3) Much more minor, but to clarify the math of Cloud Jump, added an example of a character with 40 foot Speed who rolled a 25 and has Cloud Jump.

4) A few of the errata moved to the "Part 2" section because of the expansion of the "Part 1" errata made "Part 1" run out of space again.

These should all be live right now, thanks to Andrew White again for pushing the update.