Slots: 6

Moderators: MoffRimmer, jbane, lochinvar_1971

DamonSch
Society Field Agent
Name: Damon Schoonover

Re: PATHFINDER 2ND EDITION MODULE/AP: Fall of Plaguestone

Post by DamonSch » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey all.

So, beginning next January works for me.

I am thinking about playing a Lizardfolk Ranger.

Damon

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:40 am

I am planning on starting this on Jan 8th. With the charity event coming up, I was hoping that this would replace the 2E sessions for January and February so we have fresh games to play at the charity event. So maybe we can do this event every other week in lieu of 2E. I understand it will not be complete by the time the charity event occurs, but we should be close. Can people that have signed up please confirm their commitment for at least 6 sessions - 2 in January 2 in February, 1 in March, 1 in April and if needed 1 in May?

Thank you
Last edited by lochinvar_1971 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

rwcraigo
Venture Captain
Name: RC
PFS Number: 52753
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by rwcraigo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am

I can confirm for Jan - April. Looking forward to this. Still not sure what I want to play, though probably a leshy.
-RC
VA for Game Knight Games in Pueblo, CO

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

ttownley
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Tyler

Post by ttownley » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am

Assuming no work changes, I am currently still available and planning on playing through the entire module.
Tyler

greyblade23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by greyblade23 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Hey, Richard,
If a slot opens up, I'd like to get on the stand-by list. Thanks!
Jim K

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 am

I talked with Sean the other night and I don't think Zaia is interested at this time. Sean, please confirm so we can get Jim in the group.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

DamonSch
Society Field Agent
Name: Damon Schoonover

Post by DamonSch » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:32 am

I have no problem playing all session from January through April.

Damon

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

Correct, Zaia decided she'd rather sit this one out, so there's room for Jim.

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

The new character is a human oracle with the sorcerer dedication feat, so arcane caster with some other tricks up her sleeve. She is more blasty casty. She isn't built for melee, but can do some summoning to help with that.

rwcraigo
Venture Captain

Post by rwcraigo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a ride on the weeks we're playing. I think I already missed one session but I'm currently unable to drive myself.
-RC

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:25 pm

rwcraigo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:26 pm I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a ride on the weeks we're playing. I think I already missed one session but I'm currently unable to drive myself.
Sorry, buddy. By the time I gather my three daughters (2 exchange students staying with us this year) and get home and get everyone fed, I barely make it on time. Hopefully someone else has a bit more flexibility in their schedule.
And incidentally, you've missed two sessions and we just hit 2nd level.

rwcraigo
Venture Captain

Post by rwcraigo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Pippin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:25 pm
rwcraigo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:26 pm I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a ride on the weeks we're playing. I think I already missed one session but I'm currently unable to drive myself.
Sorry, buddy. By the time I gather my three daughters (2 exchange students staying with us this year) and get home and get everyone fed, I barely make it on time. Hopefully someone else has a bit more flexibility in their schedule.
And incidentally, you've missed two sessions and we just hit 2nd level.
I think I'd bow out in that case. If I've missed an entire level I'd rather try and wait for another run.
-RC

Sotovoce
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Sotovoce » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi All,

As mentioned before, both Connor and I would be willing to play.

February 26 is not available for us as it is my Wife's birthday... everything else is good to go.

Please update this when you can to announce the upcoming dates. Connor and I will get on Character creation.

Thx!

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

February 19th will be our next session and characters should be 2nd level.

Huxley0804

Post by Huxley0804 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Richard, I was thinking about my character in the car ride home and to be honest I think you're being a little unfair to Frampt. I'm not trying to diss your skills as a DM or worth as a person, but you seemed like you really wanted to make a point tonight about how I shouldn't use my familiar outside of as a spellbook. I disagree, and I wanted to make my thoughts heard.

First, I've literally never seen familiars be targeted, even by plants, unless the player was doing something extraordinarily stupid. Wizards, Witches, Druids, Rangers all seem to be able to use their familiars without issue. Granted that normally isn't much, but I've never seen a wizard calculate his familiar’s HP after getting hit by a fireball to see if he loses all his spellcasting ability. Casters constantly use their familiars to deliver touch spells, and they didn't need to worry about their eagle getting an opportunity attack to the face. Even Ranger familiars, who literally wade into combat with their masters, seem to have been treated as a last priority target in previous games as long as the ranger used them as intended. I'm sure that the rules as written say that you should treat familiars as the “Achilles heels” of their respective players, but that kinda sucks and nobody that I've ever seen does that. It seems like the Devs didn't even worry too much about familiars based on the way they are treated in the book, and they didn't even bother giving them stats like they did in PF1.

Second, powerful familiars are really all the witch has going for it. Without their familiar, witches are kinda just shitty wizards with a weak ass focus spell. Let's go through the witch’s class features to prove it:
Patron: Literally just flavor text.
Lesson / Hex: The witch’s hexes are garbage. Compare the cleric focus spell Moonbeam (which does damage, activates some weaknesses, and dazzles the target which is REALLY good), to the Witch hex Shroud of Night (which targets 1 creature, must be sustained, and just reduces the light level of the space the target is in... In a game where %80 of creatures have dark or low-light vision). The options for hexes aren't great.
Cackle: This is literally just the Sustain a Spell action with some flavor text.
Familiar: The familiar on the other hand is the thing that sets witches apart from other casters. It's not really that powerful, but it is unique. Their familiars get more abilities than any other class, which makes them a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of things without giving them the ability to deal damage or break the game. When making my character, I recognized this, so i picked up a feat that buffed my familiar, built my backstory around my familiar, and gave my familiar speech so that it could act as half of my character rather than a living spellbook.
Without the confidence that, if I play smart and with the intention to have fun rather than break the game, I can use my familiar as the versatile tool they were intended as, the only good class feature of the witch disappears.

Thirdly, It doesn't seem like you care much about managing every other player’s spellcasting focus. The cleric doesn't have to draw his holy symbol before casting, and the Oracle’s curse is ignored. These things, which might even have repercussions on combat, are never brought up. If you decide to be so specific about my familiar, I feel like it's only fair to do so for all players.

In conclusion, I feel like my familiar deserves a break when it tries to close a door or observe the identity of common animals over a hedge. Ultimately though, you're the GM and i'm not trying to bully you into obeying me or something.
However if you are going to keep hardlining my Owl, I would really like to reroll my character so that I can play as a normal, actual wizard instead of a shitty, witch wizard. Witch without their familiar just isn't much fun.