Adventure Path - Rise of the Runelords (Bill GM)

Moderators: MoffRimmer, jbane, lochinvar_1971

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Adventure Path - Rise of the Runelords (Bill GM)

Post by MoffRimmer » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am

Ok, so this is for people who are interested (for now) and for people who will be playing in my adventure path run of Rise of the Runelords.

Character Creation -- In general, I feel like I'm fairly open to most things. So if you have a race/class/etc. combination that you would like to try, run it by me and I'll consider it. My general rule is -- "No Munchkins". If I (the GM) have to specifically come up with creatures/bad guys that are specifically created just to affect you -- your character is "broken". Don't do it. It's not something that's clearly definable. And it really has more to do with how you rank in power to the other players. Think of it this way -- If I "mind control" your character, would you take out the entire party? If everyone is the same general power level -- even to be fairly epic in power -- I can adjust things without having to worry about what I might end up doing to one (or more) characters. If you want to do something that will frustrate the GM, I will veto it. With that...
25 point build
3 traits
No guns. Period.
No item creation feats.
No ghost class (whatever that class is that gets a ghost companion).

Of course, the other side of this is -- since you are more powerful than "normal", I reserve the right to change and modify the encounters to suit. (I have years and years of material to pull from. And I'm hoping that it will help the players do a little more "ooh - what's that?")

With that, let me know what you might be planning to play and if you are interested.

-Bill

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Re: Adventure Path - Rise of the Runelords (Bill GM)

Post by Pippin » Tue May 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Well, I was planning to bring a spiritualist gunslinger ;) , but I guess I will be bringing a completely Society legal Dwarven warpriest...who is almost completely casting focused. Yep, a weird divine wizard, and not really healing focused.
Zaia will bring something front line focused and smashy, because that's what she does :=)

Oh, and is starting gold the standard 150 gp?
Last edited by Pippin on Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Tue May 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Pippin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:23 pm Well, I was planning to bring a spiritualist gunslinger ;) , but I guess I will be bringing a completely Society legal Dwarven warpriest...who is almost completely casting focused. Yep, a weird divine wizard, and not really healing focused.
Zaia will bring something front line focused and smashy, because that's what she does :=)

Oh, and is starting gold the standard 150 gp?
Sounds good.

Let's start with the standard 150 gp. I may throw in something for each character.

Will.i.am
Veteran Field Agent
Name: wilyum
PFS Number: 229362
GM Stars: 1
GM Glyphs: 1
GM Novas: 1

Post by Will.i.am » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Nice. I like thought rules, how do you or we plan to handle character death? And do you think we will die alone or just if we're stupid.

Will.i.am
Veteran Field Agent
Name: wilyum
PFS Number: 229362
GM Stars: 1
GM Glyphs: 1
GM Novas: 1

Post by Will.i.am » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Another thing when the store open, do you plan to continue play online, or move it back to the store. I live up in south Denver, and won't be driving down each week.

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Will.i.am wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:51 pm Nice. I like thought rules, how do you or we plan to handle character death? And do you think we will die alone or just if we're stupid.
Don't die. :)

I'm planning on using this for PFS credit, so... technically, if the character in this game dies, the associated character is also dead. (But can be resurrected through PFS rules.) But outside of that, I just figure we would see about working in a new character - and may just end up playing it largely "by ear".

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Will.i.am wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 pm Another thing when the store open, do you plan to continue play online, or move it back to the store. I live up in south Denver, and won't be driving down each week.
I miss meeting with people "in person" and was originally planning on running with this in the store once a month (give or take) once the restriction is lifted. But it's a good point and something to consider -- especially since my son (at least) should be starting school again in the fall and would certainly not be able to commute.

Long way to say -- not sure yet, but I'm open to options.

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 am

I know we did some discussing of who was playing what character ideas in the upcoming Rise of the Runelords campaign yesterday after the gaming session, but that's been over 5 minutes ago, so I've forgotten. Could everyone post here what you're planning on playing? As stated, I'll switch to something more frontline focused if we need it, but I'd rather know well in advance rather than trying to figure it out on the day of gaming or whatever. Thanks!

EDIT: Harlie has a much better memory and helped me out, so here is the list as far as I know it:

Megan-Lava Gnome Alchemist
Jonathon-Duskwalker Alchemist
Harlie-Brawler
Zaia-Something Frontline and Smashy (possibly a Suli Bloodrager)
Sean-Dhampir Unsworn Shaman (debuff and spell damage focused, but can also channel to heal)
William-?
Phillip-?

Oh, and Bill did suggest possibly throwing in extra things for characters, so it might not be a bad idea to give him a wish list. I, for example, would just love a cackling hag's blouse.
Last edited by Pippin on Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am

Mostly for William -- I am planning on meeting at the store once it opens up for that venue. And I probably won't be trying to do the Roll20/Discord thing when we do. I'll let you decide if you are still interested. It won't be every week when we do, but I know that it's a bit more of a commitment to make it down to Colorado Springs (and potentially get home around midnight).

Jonathan will be playing until he leaves for school and will bow out at that time. (Might return next summer -- we'll see...) Because of that, I will allow 7 players to start.

I have the landing page set up for Roll20. So people can start to create their character sheets. (I'll PM you the link in a moment.)