GMs NEEDED! - Highlands Ranch - Enchanted Grounds - August PFS

Moderators: Drogon, Lord_Pretzels, slate

Drogon
Store Coordinator

GMs NEEDED! - Highlands Ranch - Enchanted Grounds - August PFS

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,

It is August, and the end of Season 9 is upon us; Season 10 looms just around the corner. I would love to get some Pathfinder Society on the schedule for Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch, give a good sendoff to Season 9, and get a jump on Season 10 next month. To do so, I first need GMs. This announcement is for that purpose.

First, I'd like to remind you of the benefits of GMing for Enchanted Grounds:
  • I can get you the module for free. If requested, I will provide a physical copy of it, along with faction missions and chronicle sheets. In certain cases, I can get you an electronic copy, but those cases are necessarily rare and must be discussed.
  • You will earn a $10 gift certificate to the store for each game you GM. This helps offset any cost you incur purchasing the scenario or the supplies to run that scenario.
  • You will be given access to the schedule ahead of the general announcement. For each table you GM I will allow you to take a player seat at another table. This seat is guaranteed, as you will be signing up ahead of the open call.
  • We now have the Regional Support GM boons. Once you have GM'd 12 scenarios, you earn a race boon, which gives you the ability to play a rare race in PFS play, of course.
  • All of the inherent benefits of GMing PFS scenarios (character credit, advancement on the GM "star" tier, access to chronicle boons when made available, etc.).
So, with all that in mind, I would like to ask for GM volunteers for the following dates and scenarios:

Monday, August 13th, 6:00 PM:
#9-22, Grotto of the Deluged God (tier 1-5)
#9-24, Beneath Unbroken Waves (tier 5-9)

Saturday, August 18th, 9:00 AM:
#9-10, Signs in Senghor (tier 1-5)
#9-21, In the Grandmaster's Name (tier 3-7)

Saturday, August 18th, 2:00 PM:
#9-22, Grotto of the Deluged God (tier 1-5)
#9-25, Betrayal in the Bones (tier 12-15)

Monday, August 27th, 6:00 PM:
#9-14, Down the Verdant Path (tier 1-5)
#9-23, The Ghol-Gan Heresy (tier 7-11)

IMPORTANT: If you offer to run one, please get in touch with me privately. The email address is Jeff@EnchantedGrounds.com <--Clicking this link will get your computer to generate an email directly to me. DO NOT simply reply to this email (the one you are reading right now) as that reply will not get to me.

Also important: when choosing what to run, give alternatives as much as possible. Additionally, if you let me know if you want a player seat at the same time it will cut down on how much email we send each other.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Jeff
Enchanted Grounds
Last edited by Drogon on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: GMs NEEDED! - Highlands Ranch - Enchanted Grounds - August PFS

Post by CDragos » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:00 am

Jeff, I sent an email about GMing #9-22 Grotto o/t Deluged God on the 13th. I would like to play #9-23 on the 27th if possible.

Thanks!
Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Any chance for an update or are there no sign ups for Monday?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 pm

I've gotten you and one other offer for GMs. I will be canceling everything with an announcement tomorrow. I plan to talk to Chris and see if we can put Season 9 and 10 over at Littleton to see what will happen. It is obviously no longer a thing for Highlands Ranch, and I can use the space for Star Wars.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Drogon wrote: I will be canceling everything with an announcement tomorrow.
Noooooooooooo!

I wonder if it's just people going back to school at this time, GenCon las week, or PF2. Maybe a bit of everything?
Last edited by CDragos on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:37 am

It's been a struggle all year, with the exception of maybe March and April. And the last three months have just been brutal. Too many people have moved over to D&D; I see tons of familiar faces in there on Wednesdays, and none of them have any interest in going back to PFS. I just think the player base got spread too thin by too many options (regular PFS, Core PFS, SFS, D&D, home games, multiple stores nearby) and they started gravitating toward consistently occurring games (D&D and home games). I really believe that the way Paizo handled PF2e was the nail in the coffin.

Hopefully a more central venue with a smaller number of tables will help get some more consistent play. When PFS relaunches with 2nd Edition we'll put it back on the schedule at Highlands Ranch and see what happens.

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 am

NOOO!!! Yeah, what Christian said...
I do not know if I will be able to make it over to Littleton by 6pm, given the traffic.