GameCon, Nov 2020 Interest Poll

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
Sir.Gryphon
Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

GameCon, Nov 2020 Interest Poll

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Southern Colorado GMs:

GameCon 2020 is planning to go virtual for November but with the jaunt into cyberspace, the organizers need to gage the interest of the players, and more important to the Pathfinder Society, the interest of the GMs.

My question to all of my fellow GMs: are you willing to prepare and run an online Pathfinder or Starfinder table, using whatever platform you like, to support GameCon? Please post below to let us know if we have the GM support to support this convention.
Last edited by WhiteMane on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

jahenders
Society Field Agent
Name: Jim H
PFS Number: 177013
GM Novas: 2

Re: GameCon, Nov 2020 Interest Poll

Post by jahenders » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Schedule permitting, I would be willing to GM, though probably only one event (since that would be my first time GM'ing virtually).

Jim

ESParker
Store Coordinator
Name: Eric S Parker
PFS Number: 20781
GM Glyphs: 5

Post by ESParker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:45 am

Assuming I am available< I will support. I also have tables in Roll20 that can be cloned for other GMs that already have the maps and adversaries set up, including the low tier of SFS 3-00, The Last Bite.
3 PCs Killed in Action
:( Five PCs killed from the other side of the screen
116 tables PFS 1E credit, 152 tables PFS 2E credit, 46 tables SFS credit
computerpro82@gmail.com
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017

rwcraigo
Venture Captain
Name: RC
PFS Number: 52753
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by rwcraigo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:53 pm

I can be available to GM online, though I may need to brush up on Roll20 if I do, or upgrade my FGU license to allow non-paying/demo accounts to participate. In either case, I'd like to stick to PF 1e. I need a bit more practice with 2e if I'm gonna run at a con.
-RC
VA for Game Knight Games in Pueblo, CO

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 am

I will bite the bullet and run a game. I'll also see about creating some sort of hand-out that can be emailed to participants for instructions on how to get a PFS ID card and log in to Roll20.net.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Logan G.
PFS Number: 243126

Post by Homunculus23 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am

This may be rude, but if it's virtual I would be interested in a Player. I only have just bought the Ultimate license to Fantasy Grounds Unity a few months ago, and there are few modules that are available.
Logan G., Denver, CO

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:13 am

Homunculus23 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am This may be rude, but if it's virtual I would be interested in a Player. I only have just bought the Ultimate license to Fantasy Grounds Unity a few months ago, and there are few modules that are available.
GameCon is a convention intended solely for Middle and High School students. Adults are only permitted as volunteers and parents.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:20 pm

GMs, here is a little pre-con update for GameCon virtual UPDATE Event #2702933:

Form the GameCon https://www.gamebewithyou.info/ webpage: "GameCon Virtual is on November 14. Registration is free! If you purchase a t-shirt, your shirt will be available for pick-up at a game store near you in Colorado Springs. GameCon events will take place in Discord, with some game masters also using Roll20.net and other online tools." The event is small this year and I am only expecting 2-4 tables to go off, so we do not qualify for Paizo support meaning that there are no special boons to hand out.

For the GMs who have expressed interest in volunteering, thank you. Due to events in my personal life I will not be able to volunteer to run any games this year, but I will try to be available to help via the Discord channels as needed (see below).

Volunteers should go to https://www.gamebewithyou.info/volunteer.html and register to run an event. When I got the last update, there were about 50 kids registered to participate and unlike many other hobbies hosted at the event in the past, Pathfinder and Starfinder are well supported using available online virtual table-top (VTT) programs (Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, Astral, Foundry, etc.). Some of these products are web based and some require a client application. Please make sure you know how players will connect to your VTT! I have a few hours of experience with Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds, so I may be able to help set things up if you need help before the event. I just can't commit to participating in the actual event for family reasons...

All voice communication for the games will need to use the GameCon Discord server due to liability issues when dealing with the kiddos. The next Game Master Discord Training will be 11/8/2020 at 8:00pm MDT. The Discord information and the information on how to advertise your VTT of choice should be listed in the volunteer page for the convention: https://www.gamebewithyou.info/volunteer.html.

Based on past experience, the kiddos have limited background with Pathfinder 1, Pathfinder 2, and Starfinder let alone the concept of Organized Play, and they will need information about the Society and our local offerings. I will attach the welcome letter and other information in an email to the volunteers listed here to get you prepared. GMs will need to request Society ID numbers for their session and if you have problems, please let me know.

As a virtual volunteer, you will need to prepare your game in the VTT of your choice. I recommend you consider preparing those adventures you already have access to instead of buying and converting a new event. Try running a PF2 bounty or two, a SF quest, or a PF quest because they are simple to run and designed to appeal to new players. You will want to prepare all of the pregen characters for the adventure and make them available to all players so they can pick and choose.

Some VTTs may have the scenarios already populated for purchase or that you could 'borrow' from another creator. Check on your VTT forums and the Organized Play resources for other options. One of our fellow Venture Officer GMs from another region has several adventures available to borrow in Roll20 for the asking. Details for how to request one of those adventures are available in the Organized Play Foundation Discord server; contact me if you need help with that contact.

I recommend you pre-populate the Society ID number on the pregen character sheets for the game and pre-populate the reporting sheets for the event for easy reporting. About 95% of the time the Society IDs we give out at the event are forgotten as soon as the kids leave the table so I am not concerned about kids with multiple numbers over the years.

Volunteers, thank you for everything you do for this event and for the Society as a whole. I know this is uncharted territory for most of us and an unfamiliar method of gaming, but this is what we do for the hobby we love. We are Pathfinders. We blaze the trail, find the path, and move forward together. Explore, Report, and Cooperate!
Last edited by Sir.Gryphon on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

ESParker
Store Coordinator
Name: Eric S Parker
PFS Number: 20781
GM Glyphs: 5

Post by ESParker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:46 pm

If anyone needs the Pregens on Roll20

PF2 Pregens are available from Dragnmoon's PF2 pregens
https://app.roll20.net/join/7124678/nzT6HQ

Starfinder pregens are a little tricky. Most of the Starfinder Society Tables online seem to default to the "Starfinder (Simple)" sheet instead of the "Starfinder by Roll20" sheet. It causes much confusion. I use the "Starfinder (SImple)" sheets, and a lot of good resources can be found here:
https://app.roll20.net/join/5933198/8YRNag

I have a table where I have gathered a number of the Starfinder pregens as well as another resource. On of the major Online GM, named Big Norse Wolf, has created a "Character" that is supposed to work with either sheet, and has a simplified data entry. It is called an Omniwoof
https://app.roll20.net/join/8516833/GhZ7jQ

There are some good resources linked here as well
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rym ... 2Q57w/edit
Last edited by ESParker on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
3 PCs Killed in Action
:( Five PCs killed from the other side of the screen
116 tables PFS 1E credit, 152 tables PFS 2E credit, 46 tables SFS credit
computerpro82@gmail.com
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker