CollectorMania October PFS/SFS Game Schedule

Moderators: slate, Kyphexler

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent
Name: Ray Varela
PFS Number: 213243

Re: CollectorMania October PFS/SFS Game Schedule

Post by Kyphexler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:46 pm

We ended up playing with five players. Russ, I need some new player boons as well as some regular boons as one of the new people won a boon.

Ray Varela

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent

Post by Kyphexler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:14 am

Russ, can you add three people to last nights session and show me as the GM please?

Dawson, Michael, and Ben.

We also had trouble obtaining paizo numbers for people last night. One of them finally received a paizo number, but how do I obtain paizo numbers for new people instead of going through hassle during game session?
Ray Varela

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am

Ray,
Thanks for stepping in to GM last night.

There is a PFS folder at the counter at CollectorMania, it has new player boons and blank table signup sheets in the folder.
For the other boon, what is the players name and PFS number?
Do you have a table signup sheet from the game last night? If so you can email me a scanned copy or leave it in the PFS folder I mentioned above.
New (unassigned) PFS number cards can be downloaded from the Paizo site and printed to give to new players at the table. I would provide a link but the firewall at my office blocks the Paizo site.
Russ Brown

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:31 am

Kyphexler wrote: Russ, can you add three people to last nights session and show me as the GM please?

Dawson, Michael, and Ben.
Since the purpose of the schedule is planning and reserving seats at the game I am not sure what purpose updating it retroactive serves - but okay.
Russ Brown

Pogie
Society Field Agent
GM Stars: 2

Post by Pogie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:34 am

I would encourage everyone to use the website to update players and GM's. I would've played last night but with only three people signed up I didn't think the game was. going off

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:39 am

Pogie wrote: I would encourage everyone to use the website to update players and GM's. I would've played last night but with only three people signed up I didn't think the game was. going off
Yes, Tim, I agree completely. As far as I knew at 5:50 pm yesterday there were 3 players and no GM for last nights game.

Also, due to my work schedule I will only rarely be able to make Tuesday night games. If you GM a game and I am not there, please leave the table signup sheet in the PFS folder at the counter. The folder has extra table sign up sheets and new player boons for both Pathfinder and Starfinder.
Russ Brown

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Russ Brown wrote: Yes, Tim, I agree completely. As far as I knew at 5:50 pm yesterday there were 3 players and no GM for last nights game
Just to be clear, I'm not inferring you dripopped the ball in any way, Russ. I just want folks to sign up on the web page if they are playing or bringing others. That way the rest of us can accurately know the status of the games.

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:59 pm

No its all good. Anyone looking at the forum would think the game was not going to happen. Not sure of the circumstances last night, but only people at store would have known the game was going to happen.
Russ Brown

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent

Post by Kyphexler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:01 pm

We were about to Vance the game as it was 20 minutes after the start time. It seemed three people were sort of watching what we were doing and then Dan asked if they wanted to play. They seemed happy to receive an invitation. I confirmed that they would be able to play until 10pm. They all agreed and Brent and Dan both taught the new players some of the basics.

Hopefully, next month, we will have at least one low level core game.

Russ, is it possible to play a low level game next Tuesday? Hoping to keep the new players excited about the game and maybe them trying out low level characters might be easier for learning purposes. I would volunteer attempting to GM again. Any interest in this?

Also, I am hoping a real GM volunteers for the next official Tuesday night core session.

Ray Varela

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info Ray.

We can certainly switch up the next CORE game for a low level scenario. I would probably change to The Confirmation a replayable Tier 1-2 scenario, unless there is another game you want a different scenario. I put mid level scenarios since that what the CORE group was playing the last few months.

As far as GMs, unless you want to GM the next scenario, I am not sure if we will get a GM since the request went out 3+ weeks ago. It seems like the CORE games were mostly being run by Walt (who has currently retired from PFS ) and Paul (who we have not heard from this month).

Russ

p.s. Do you have a table signup from yesterday? if so will you report it yourself or would you like me to report it?
Russ Brown

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Anyone interested in playing The Gauntlet on Saturday? It's a challenging dungeon crawl for 7-9. I've always wanted to run it-Tim

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent

Post by Kyphexler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Pogie wrote: Anyone interested in playing The Gauntlet on Saturday? It's a challenging dungeon crawl for 7-9. I've always wanted to run it-Tim
I cannot play this Saturday, but another Saturday or a Tuesday would work. You planning on standard or core? My core character is high enough and my standard character seems to be stuck at level 5
Ray Varela

Edwardteach
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Steve S.
PFS Number: 18716

Post by Edwardteach » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Russ,

I can GM the Pathfinder Noon game on the 27th.

Thanks,

Steve Schrader

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks for volunteering to GM, Steve. :)
Russ Brown

Edwardteach
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Steve S.
PFS Number: 18716

Post by Edwardteach » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Pogie wrote: Anyone interested in playing The Gauntlet on Saturday? It's a challenging dungeon crawl for 7-9. I've always wanted to run it-Tim
I have several characters in tier for that but I am out of town this weekend :(