Scenario Request / Planning Thread

Moderators: slate, Kyphexler

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent
PFS Number: 18712
GM Stars: 2

Re: Scenario Request / Planning Thread

Post by Lusterpurge » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:10 pm

I have an additional question for those that don't normally play at EC on off Saturdays. Would people be interested in an alternative module/scenario? Dunno if that's street legal or not, but I figure that I'd ask at least.

Marcus

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Jimmy, I hope you get people for the season 9s. I know a few folks that play at EG also, have playeD most of them.

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm

I hear you Tim, but we sat both season 9 tables in January and both season 9 tables in February. So we know it can work because we've done it before.

But if, as you point out, we only offer games that are months old that people have already gone somewhere else to play then we could have trouble filling tables.

The key I think is to know that CollectorMania will be having 1 or 2 current games (aka season 9) each month. That way the players know and can plan to attend. And those that have already played somewhere else can GM, it's how we can spread and grow Pathfinder.

JHat

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent
PFS Number: 18712

Post by Lusterpurge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

Paul,

Update, I don't remember what the "on" Saturdays are, but so far I have the 5th open for May. I don't know when my start date is, so I can't speak to the rest of the month just yet.

Marcus

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent
Name: Ray Varela
PFS Number: 213243

Post by Kyphexler » Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 am

What do people think about maybe allowing 12 people to sign up for any given adventure? That way if people end up cancelling, we know who is next on the sign up list and we would also maybe be able to host more than one table.

Just an idea as I know how quickly sign-ups occur and I know it has prevented me from signing up on some days and I am guessing others might be missing out as well. Hate to turn people away.

Ray Varela

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Wed May 02, 2018 3:16 pm

I think we would need to consistently have more than one tables worth of signups to make this at all doable. That would need 2 GMs to sign up and prep the adventure and take this month for example. The GM spots are not filled up yet with one table.

The last time we did two tables it was kind of a debacle, lol.

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Post by Ahz » Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 pm

In the past, I've added tables when enough people signed up.
Or are you suggesting scheduling two tables and having two GMs buy and prep the scenario and hope enough people sign up (then tell one GM they're cancelled)?

WaltRed
Store Coordinator

Post by WaltRed » Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Kyphexler wrote: What do people think about maybe allowing 12 people to sign up for any given adventure? That way if people end up cancelling, we know who is next on the sign up list and we would also maybe be able to host more than one table.

Just an idea as I know how quickly sign-ups occur and I know it has prevented me from signing up on some days and I am guessing others might be missing out as well. Hate to turn people away.
What is being said is sign up for games even if the table is full, you will be put on standby and your order for being put in if someone cancels will be set. And if there are 8 or more people than a second table will be considered.

Walt

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 pm

jhatgames wrote:
The key I think is to know that CollectorMania will be having 1 or 2 current games (aka season 9) each month. That way the players know and can plan to attend. And those that have already played somewhere else can GM, it's how we can spread and grow Pathfinder.
The problem is you don't know what scenarios CM will be offering. You don't know which ones to skip at another venue and save to play when CM offers them.

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 am

> The problem is you don't know what scenarios CM will be offering.
There are quite a bit of unknowns to deal with.

Just last month a store cancelled a Saturday because of a Magic release, and 2 other games that month didn't happen. No fault of the store - these things happen. But that's 8 games that didn't go off in one store in one month. So yes you just don't know: what will be scheduled when, if you can get a spot, and if the game will go off.

This month it looks like we're having a GM shortage. While Colorado Springs looks fine, of the 4 stores here in the denver area only Wizards Chest seems to be fine on GMs.

Maybe this is just a spring time lull while everyone gets outside to enjoy the sunny weather. I know I'm enjoying the weather! But I don't know when we will get back in full swing. Maybe someone who's been around longer knows what usually happens this time of year and will chip in.

TL:DR
To know which scenarios CM will be offering we can offer them 2 a month starting with #9-14 and #9-15 this month. And then 2 more every month. So #9-16 and #9-17 next month. Then #9-18 and #9-19 the month after, etc. That way the GMs and players know and can plan to attend.
JHat

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 am

Bummer month...

Fangwood Keep Module - It didn't make it off the ground but I'd love to play this module and I think it's in a sweetspot for levels (3-7). I'd like another crack at it and would like to see it be resheduled for next month or the month after. Maybe a Feast of Ravenmoor (2-4) beforehand to bring anyone up to level that needs it...

Season 9 - thanks for scheduling the 2 season 9s in May Paul but they didn't make it off the ground either. For next month I don't think we reschedule them, we move on to the next 2 to stay as upto date as we are allowed. So #9-16 and #9-17 for June. If we can get together tables for the 2 that didn't go off sometime later I'm in, but otherwise we just need to move on.

IMHO, 2cp, wishing, spitballing, etc.
JHat

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent
Name: Ray Varela
PFS Number: 213243

Post by Kyphexler » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 am

Do we play CORE sessions above level 5 at all?
Ray Varela

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Post by Ahz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 am

The CORE that's scheduled for Tuesday is 5-9.

WaltRed
Store Coordinator

Post by WaltRed » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes,

As our CORE community grows, we will offer higher level games, 1-7, 3-7 5-9 will be considered.

As players & GM's we each can play each scenario twice, once as Reg once as CORE. (Under certain conditions you can play for no credit)
Same as a GM. although as a GM you can run it many times but only get credit once for each type.

Walt

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by Russ Brown » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

How much interest is there in Starfinder Society games at CollectorMania?
Russ Brown