Scenario Request / Planning Thread

Moderators: slate, Kyphexler

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Re: Scenario Request / Planning Thread

Post by Ahz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Pogie wrote: Is anyone interested in playing 4-04 King of the Storval Stairs?
I'll put it on next month's schedule!

Paul

Pogie
Society Field Agent
GM Stars: 2

Post by Pogie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Paul, if it works please put it into an early Saturday slot. I think the scenario can go long. I'd maybe want to start at 11:30 and go past 4 if needed. I wouldn't want to handwsve stuff at the end. Unless everyone's dead, then we quit early and I'll buy drinks.

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Ahz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm

I'll have to ok it with CollectorMania if you want to start a game early.

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent
PFS Number: 18712

Post by Lusterpurge » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 am

Is anyone interested in playing Tomb of the Iron Medusa or Witchwar Legacy in PFS? I am also open to running either of these for non-PFS as well. This is just to gauge interest. You can reply to this or PM me.

Marcus

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Marcus, those sound pretty awesome. It would be great to figure out how to get existing PFS characters to appropriate level to play those as they're both sanctioned for organized play.ive got to lvl 11 characters I'd love to keep playing. Buuttt, by the time we do that you'll have graduated and started your job.

They sound like they'd be fun to play on their own though.

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Lusterpurge » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Tim,

I'm totally open to people just making characters and we just do it up as non-PFS.

M

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:32 pm

My highest level is 8th, so I've never played a retirement arch or anything like that. The way I look at it is this:

1) Until 2.0 - I'll want to continue to grow a few of my current characters as high as I can and try to play some retirement arcs.

2) if 2.0 rocks - I'll be more interested in playing 2.0 and will probably drop 1.0 (with fond memories but not wanting to put any effort into the old characters/system).

3) if 2.0 sucks - then I'll want to continue 1.0 and will probably drop 2.0. In this case I'll want to continue to grow my current characters which means I don't want to play the (now) limited amount of 1.0 stuff that's left without my characters I've grown myself.

This is MHO and YMMV, but this is how I'm looking at this trasitionary time period.
JHat

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:03 am

Jimmy, I think that makes sense. So I think we should talk to Paul to see if we can schedule more high tier play so that we can get characters to level 12. With 2.0 looming, I'm more interested in seeing my favorite characters advancing as far as they can rather than starting my 15th level 1 character who probably won't get to far.

Also may need to confirm who is available to run retirement arcs. I know some require a certain number of stars to run.

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent
Name: Ray Varela
PFS Number: 213243

Post by Kyphexler » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Level 5 core and level 3 standard. All I have right now.
Ray Varela

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Ahz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Pogie wrote: Also may need to confirm who is available to run retirement arcs. I know some require a certain number of stars to run.
I wasn't able to find any GM Star requirements for any of the retirement arcs. I've been through Eyes of the Ten and I'd be willing to run it if we could get a party.

Paul

Pogie
Society Field Agent

Post by Pogie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Count me in for eyes of the Ten. Yeah I was wrong about star requirement. I was thinking of bone keep.

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Lusterpurge » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Hey Paul,

Can I run the Harrowing module in May? It's a lv 9 module to try and get some of the 8's-10's into the 11-13 range. Also, I'd like to run the Ruby Phoenix tournament (lv 11 module) if you'll let me, with the same intent. Lastly, I have unleashing the untouchable prepped already, so if people haven't played that it's a 12-15 scenario. I can't do anything May 11/12th, but otherwise I'm currently pretty free in May.

Marcus

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Ahz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 pm

I'll put The Harrowing on the schedule next month.
We'll have to talk about the others, if it's not going to be a PFS game, then I'd rather not schedule it and from the previous conversation, it seemed that there wasn't enough players with characters of that high level.

Paul

Lusterpurge
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Lusterpurge » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Paul,

That's fair, but I guess what I was thinking was that the Harrowing should get everyone the level to play the next module (it's only one level higher). The untouchable I threw out there if there were more people with really high level characters as that's a 12-15.

Marcus

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Wow, what a week it's been, my favorite holiday was this week. To all my fellow taxpayers out there I wish you a Happy Holliday! I know I felt nothing but pride Tuesday, even tho the website was down, to generousy give to such a good cause. Speaking of which...

I can't wait for next months games! I unfortunately can't do The Harrowing since I don't have a 9th level character. But we, meaning Collector Mania, have had 2 months (March and April) without current year games (meaning no season 9 scenarios). Which means that next month, May (for those that are keeping tract on calanders) can have current (aka season 9) games.

That's right! Two (2) months without current year games (aka no season 9 scenarios). Nothing wrong with that as long as we get back on track offering current year games (aka season 9 scenarios). I can't wait for current year games (aka season 9 scenarios) next month!
JHat