Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

CollectorMania August GM Call

Post by Russ Brown » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm

Greetings GMs!
It is time to organize games for August and for that we need GMs!
At this time we are only asking for GM volunteers, player signup will be available once GM's are arranged.

August brings the release of Pathfinder Second Edition!
This month we are offering Pathfinder Society Second Edition, Pathfinder Society First Edition and Starfinder Society games.

Benefits of GMing:
1. GMs get a $10 store gift certificate for their time and expense of preparing the scenario.
2. GMs can sign up early for one game for each one they GM.
3. GMs get a free T-shirt once they have GMed 10 games at CollectorMania.
4. Remember Core Campaign allows a second GM chronicle if you have already GMed the scenario for the Organized Play Campaign.

If you would like to GM one or more of the following games, please reply to the thread on RockyMountainPFS.com (see below) or email me directly at russbrown484@gmail.com. Let me know which game(s) you would like to GM and which games if any, you would like to play.

Tuesday, August 6th SFS
Table 1: 6:00 PM Starfinder #1-12 Ashes of Discovery, TIer 1-4 Replayable GM: Dan C.
When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space, the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world, surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space, and meeting new alien cultures—this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Saturday, August 10th PFS
Table 2: 10:00 AM Learn to Play Pathfinder Second Edition Demo, Lvl 1 GM: Russ B.
Come learn to play Second Edition! This will be a quick review of the rules and a single combat encounter to get your feet wet with the new rules!
Approximately 1 hour.

Table 3: Noon Pathfinder #1-01 The Absalom Initiation, Tier 1-4 GM: Russ B.
A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. The PCs are among these recruits invited to attend a welcoming party where they can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!
1. Steve S.

Table 4: 5:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #5 Mists of Mwangi, Tier 1-5 GM: Needed
Pathfinder Lugizar Trantos recently returned from the Mwangi Expanse with haunted eyes and a pack full of strange idols. Absalom's famed Blakros Museum purchased his pieces and Lugizar vanished. The strange monkey idols he pulled from the misty jungles of Mwangi carry with them a fell curse, and now their power has laid claim to the museum. Can the Pathfinder Society uncover the source of the curse in time, or will the Blackros Museum be forever lost to the mists of Mwangi?

Tuesday, August 13th PFS
Table 5: 6:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #8-17 Refugees of the Weary Sky, Tier 7-11 GM: Dan C.
As the Jistka Imperium decayed from within, its artificers and elementalists struggled to repel invaders from Osirion to the east. To channel their elemental power, the spellcasters constructed the mighty Citadel of the Weary Sky, but so much energy attracted a mighty fiend that crushed the tower. The Pathfinder Society knows that many of the mages escaped, but only recently and with the help of a new ally did it learn where they fled. Now the PCs set off for a forgotten Jistkan sanctuary where otherworldly forces now reign.

Saturday, August 17th SFS
Table 6: Noon Starfinder #2-01 Pact World Warriors, Tier 1-4 GM: Dan C.
Recovering from its recent trials in the Scoured Stars, the Starfinder Society finds itself the target of a vicious media smear campaign. To combat this unexpected threat, the Society sends a group of agents to build up some standing in the Pact Worlds by taking part in a series of televised events orchestrated by the undead media mogul, Zo!. What these heroic agents don't know, is that their competition is willing to do whatever it takes to stop them from restoring the Society's tattered image.

Table 7: 5:00 PM Starfinder #2-02 Waking the Past, Tier 1-4 Tier 1-4 GM: Dan C.
Summoned to investigate a new, exciting find near a frontier AbadarCorp colony, a group of Starfinder Society agents finds themselves exploring deep below the surface to inspect a recently uncovered set of ruins. However, they're not alone. The PCs soon discover not only that something is waking up, but also that there are some secrets best left undisturbed.

Tuesday, August 20th SFS
Table 8: 6:00 PM Starfinder #1-18 Duskmire Accord 9, Tier 1-4 GM: Dan C.
A vault opens inside the mysterious false moon of Salvation's End, and the Starfinder Society sends in a team of agents to investigate. Although it has discerned little about the vault"s interior, the Society has identified a powerful energy signature near the vault's center. Several factions within the vault clash for control of the area. If the PCs are to succeed at their mission, they'll need to choose a side.

Saturday, August 24th PFS
Table 9: 10:00 AM Pathfinder Quest 1A: The Starstone Secret, Tier 1-4 GM: Steve S
When the Pathfinder Society receives word of a promising, unexplored ruin in Osirion, the PCs set out to uncover the site's secrets. Yet upon arriving, the PCs learn that a different group of Pathfinders has already entered the ruins. Has there been some mistake, is the site's magic playing tricks on everyone, or is there something more nefarious afoot?
This is a 1 hour quest.
1. Dan C.

Table 10: Noon Pathfinder #1-00 Origin of the Open Road, Level 5 Pregens GM: Steve S
Over recent decades, numerous incidents at the Pathfinder Society's Grand Lodge in Absalom have damaged the priceless collections, destroying many documents outright. The Society has sent the PCs to Nexus House in the arcane metropolis of Quantium, hoping that the second oldest Pathfinder lodge might contain duplicates of the lost texts to copy and study. Yet the PCs are not the only ones interested in the secrets preserved in Nexus House, and the PCs find themselves on the trail of unlikely criminals.
1. Dan C.

Table 11: 5:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #2-11 The Penumbral Accords, Tier 1-5 GM: Rafael L
The daughters of Absalom's mysterious Blakros family have long been among the most pursued maidens in the Inner Sea. Now the family's matriarch approaches the Pathfinder Society to help her break a centuries-old pact with the denizens of the Plane of Shadow to save her twin daughters from a life of servitude at the hands of the Onyx Alliance. Heading into the fan-favorite adventuring location of Blakros Museum, the PCs have only a short amount of time to break the Penumbral Accords and solidify the Pathfinder Society's ties to the powerful Blakroses.

Tuesday, August 27th PFS
Table 12: 6:00 PM Pathfinder 1E 2-03 Rebel's Ransom, Tier 5-9, GM: Russ B
The Ruby Prince of Osirion sends you to the Parched Dunes to find what became of a secret Pathfinder expedition sent there to recover artifacts for the Ruby Prince himself. What you find there may very well end the Pathfinder Society as you know it.
Last edited by Russ Brown on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
Russ Brown

Edwardteach
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Steve S.
PFS Number: 18716
GM Stars: 2

Re: CollectorMania August GM Call

Post by Edwardteach » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:40 am

Russ,

Put me down to GM table 11 and to play at table 3. Looking forward to learning more about second edition.

Steve S.

Edwardteach
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Steve S.
PFS Number: 18716

Post by Edwardteach » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 am

Russ,

I spoke too soon! It turns out that I have an event at night on the 24th. So I would be happy to GM table 9 or 10 (or both) instead. We will just dive into 2E head first!

Thanks!

Steve S.

Brionmace
Store Coordinator
PFS Number: 187907
GM Glyphs: 2
GM Novas: 2

Post by Brionmace » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:25 am

im available to gm tables 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. I would have offered for 9 and 10 too, but looks like steve wants those , so id be happy to play them instead.

lcnab
Society Field Agent
PFS Number: 2354385

Post by lcnab » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey Russ,

I'll gm;

Tuesday, August 13th PFS
Table 5: 6:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #8-17 Refugess of the Weary Sky, Tier 7-11

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:26 am

Edwardteach wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 am Russ,

I spoke too soon! It turns out that I have an event at night on the 24th. So I would be happy to GM table 9 or 10 (or both) instead. We will just dive into 2E head first!

Thanks!

Steve S.
Okay, I put you down to run both the quest (Table 9) and table 10. Thanks for volunteering Steve.
Russ Brown

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:32 am

Brionmace wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:25 am im available to gm tables 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. I would have offered for 9 and 10 too, but looks like steve wants those , so id be happy to play them instead.
Wow, thanks Dan. You are signed up.
Russ Brown

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:32 am

lcnab wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm Hey Russ,

I'll gm;

Tuesday, August 13th PFS
Table 5: 6:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #8-17 Refugess of the Weary Sky, Tier 7-11
Thanks for volunteering Rafael, Dan has already volunteered to run this one however.
Russ Brown

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey Russ,

I'll gm for;

Table 11: 5:00 PM Pathfinder 1E #2-11 The Penumbral Accords, Tier 1-5 GM: Needed

Also, what do you think about running a Tier 12* for the 27th? I'll volunteer to run it and prep like there is no tomorrow for it.

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 am

Hey Rafael,
Thanks for volunteering. From my experience, a weeknight is not going to give us enough time for a 12+ game since to be on the safe side they really require 5-6 hours to complete. I will work a 12-15 into the schedule for September though. Also, there will be a couple on the schedule for TactiCon.
Russ Brown

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 am

Russ Brown wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 am Hey Rafael,
Thanks for volunteering. From my experience, a weeknight is not going to give us enough time for a 12+ game since to be on the safe side they really require 5-6 hours to complete. I will work a 12-15 into the schedule for September though. Also, there will be a couple on the schedule for TactiCon.
Hey Russ,

Ah makes sense.. I do understand.

Well, you have a volunteer for a 12-15 whenever you make it.

Thanks Russ!