Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

A guide for Pathfinder Society Play at Enchanted Realms

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:14 pm

[shadow=red,left]Welcome to the Pathfinder Society![/shadow]
I see you are new here, or at least you are interested in reviewing the basics.  No matter why you are here, we are happy to host you!  Enchanted Realms has one of the largest Pathfinder Society gatherings in Colorado Springs outside of a convention and there are several other stores who also have Pathfinder Society events in town.  You have found your home lodge!  Here are a few pointers to help you fit in:

First things first, make sure you have access to the Core Rulebook and the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play so you are familiar with the rules.  You can purchase it at game and book stores or you can buy it at the Paizo web site (http://www.paizo.com). The Core Rulebook is also available as a PDF for only $9.99 if you don't wish to purchase a physical copy of it. 

Once you have a Pathfinder Society number (the 6-digit number you got when you played your first event), go to the Paizo website and register for your account.  Once you have created your account, you can add the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide to your downloads (for free) and get a copy of it.  Don't worry about knowing everything; not even the designers of the game know everything about the game.  When you find a game, ask questions if you are not sure about a rule.  Every player and GM will happily help in their own way!

Your Paizo account is where we, the event organizers, go to report your completion of each session and where you can go to validate what scenarios, modules, and quests your character has completed.  Please check your account periodically to make sure everything has been reported correctly!  Poor handwriting, bad pens, unusual reporting sheets, typos and other mishaps can result in any number of goofy reporting errors. We are only human and we make our fair share of mistakes.  If you find a reporting error, send a private message to your store coordinator to see if they can fix it!

Next, go to rockymountianpfs.com and register for an account... oh wait, you are here already!  Good!  Now, that your account is set up, click on "Profile" in the web page menu, select "Account Settings" and define your account settings.  In this section you can change how your name is displayed on the left side of the forums.  Under the "Profile" option in the web page menu, select "Forum Profile" to update your signature block, your faction, and your GM star rating (if applicable).  Please, for my sanity, make sure your real name shows up in your Account or Forum settings!  I will use your account name if nothing else is listed, but that makes it difficult to find "Sir_Gryphon" when asking around the game table when the GM is waiting for his/her last player and Randy is sitting right there...

We try to make sure that all of our games are family friendly and in a setting with dragons, demons, necromancers, and twisted villains, that can be a challenge.  Add the many unique players with their own world views and the game table could become quite dark at times.  Please, be respectful of everyone at the game table and use your good manners.  Try to keep it G to PG-13 at the game table.  No overt sexual references, descriptions of vulgarity, depictions of intense violence, etc.  The game takes place purely in the imagination of the players, but some of your mental imagery could frankly scare young children so reign it in, you monsters!

Lastly, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, gripes, or other issues that you want to talk about, let the store coordinator know!.  If there is a problem or conflict, I cannot solve it unless I know about it.  I often check in on tables as the night progresses, but I do not know everything (though I know more than many people might think  ;D ) so please tell me if there is a problem. 

Let me illustrate:
"Randy, I may be late."
"No problem, I will tell <insert GM name here> when I get to Enchanted Realms"

"I signed up for <name of adventure> but I have already played it, can I move?"
"Sure, let's see if there is room at <insert GM name here>'s table."

"My table will not go off tonight, should I still show up?"
"Sure, let's see if there is room at <insert GM name here>'s table."

"<insert name of fellow Pathfinder> really pissed me off last week when they <insert foul here>."
"Let me talk to them and find out what was going on last week and I will take care of this..." etc.

If I don't know about a problem, I can't address it.  Most of the time there is an easy way to resolve the conflict without resorting to the dice (rolled or thrown, you pick).
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018