Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

PFS Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:16 am

Rise of the Runelords GM: Richard
Tentative start date: 25 September 2019
In the sleepy coastal town of Sandpoint, evil is brewing. An attack by crazed goblins reveals the shadows of a forgotten past returning to threaten the town—and perhaps all of Varisia. The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path begins with this goblin raid and takes players on an epic journey through the land of Varisia as they track a cult of serial killers, fight backwoods ogres, stop an advancing army of stone giants, delve into ancient dungeons, and finally face off against a wizard-king in his ancient mountaintop city.

All players and character concepts must be approved by the GM. Post below if you would like to ask to play!

Players must be committed to participating in every scheduled event. We will be flexible with the schedule, but if you cannot make it for multiple sessions on end, expect your seat to be given away!

The game will be run using Campaign Mode PFS rules. In other words, you will play with a character made under home game rules and credit applicable PFS legal content to a PFS legal character.

Player 1: Mark (pending approval)
Player 2: Sean (pending approval)
Player 3: RC (pending approval)
Player 4: Hillary (pending approval)
Player 5: Jim K (pending approval)
Player 6: Zaia (pending approval/seat availability)

Tyler (real life agro, cannot attend)
Last edited by Sir.Gryphon on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

pdeltoid
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Mark H.
PFS Number: 334581
GM Stars: 2

Re: PFS Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords

Post by pdeltoid » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 am

I'd like to get in on this!

Mark

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:30 am

Yes, I'd love to be part of this. I'll need some time to work up the character concept, but I'll post again once I have that together.

rwcraigo
Venture Captain
Name: RC
PFS Number: 52753
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by rwcraigo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Absolutely!

I already have some character ideas (adapted from a Jade Regent campaign that never finished)
-RC
VA for Game Knight Games in Pueblo, CO

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

Fyre Vyxsin
Society Field Agent
GM Stars: 2

Post by Fyre Vyxsin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:03 pm

I would love to jump in on this.

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 pm

I have a Dawnflower Dervish/Warpriest of Sarenrae idea I might go with for this. No promises, but I'm leaning in that direction for the moment.

rwcraigo
Venture Captain

Post by rwcraigo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:53 pm

My initial concept is a tiefling or maybe tengu bladebound magus.
-RC

greyblade23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by greyblade23 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Heck, yeah!

I'm still thinking of some character concepts, but I'll be sure to post them soon.

Thanks,
Jim K

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:56 pm

I suppose the smart thing is to check on character creation expectations/limitations with Richard.
So, Richard:
-are any races/classes/archetypes off limits?
-is it a 20 point buy?
-do we start with the standard 2 traits? if so, are you expecting one of those to be a campaign trait? are you including drawbacks?
-for backstory fluff, are our characters Pathfinders who are being sent to a place, or just random adventurers who show up at a place, and along those lines, are we expected to already be a traveling group of adventurers, or just random individuals who will eventually end up as a group?
-weird question that's a bit more specific to what I think I might do with my build, do we have the "rebuild" option going from first level to second level so that I can retrain a feat? Specifically, I was going to take a feat that is specific to the warpriest part of my character as a first level feat, but I wasn't going to have him be a warpriest until 2nd level

And that's about all I can think of for now.
Thanks for being wiling to run this, Richard!!! I've been wanting to play this adventure path for years now!!!

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:28 pm

I haven't totally thought it through, let me pay for my 2nd E stuff then I'll buy the first book of the anniversery edition and get a better idea
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

ttownley
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Tyler

Post by ttownley » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:30 pm

I'd love to get in on this!

There are MANY characters I'd love to be able to play, but a lot depends on:
1. When and where?
2. Would we created characters using PFS rules? What do you mean by "home game rules?" I guess what I'm asking is, what would be legal to play, and what wouldn't be?

greyblade23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by greyblade23 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:28 am

OK, on the assumption (yeah, I know) that we'll be restricted to source- and splat-books we own, here are my top 3 'broad-brush' character concepts.

1. Half-Orc Paladin of Shelyn / Bard. Probably 2,3 or 4 levels of Paladin w/rest in Bard
2. Kobold Paladin of Sarenrae/ Sorcerer (Draconic [Gold] bloodline)/ Dragon Disciple. Level spread will be 2 Pal, 4 Sorc, remainder in DD
3. Winter-born Changeling Witch with an Elemental Patron

Jim K

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Novas: 1

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:02 am

According to the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide there are two options to running adventure paths and modules: Campaign Mode or Event Mode.

Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide, page 12:
Campaign Mode: Campaign mode is intended to allow a group to experience adventure content in the manner most enjoyable to the player, even if it is not within the normal bounds of Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild rules. Campaign mode is available for all sanctioned Adventure Paths and for Pathfinder Modules that specifically include this option in their sanctioning documents. In Campaign mode, GMs can use their own rules for character creation and running the presented content (the entire book or series). They are not even required to use the Pathfinder RPG rules, but they must run the adventure using a tabletop roleplaying game and use the Adventure Path or Pathfinder Module as the primary source for adventure content.

After running a game in Campaign Mode, the GM should report sessions on paizo.com as usual and distribute Chronicle sheets to her players. A player may apply the earned Chronicle sheets to an appropriate Roleplaying Guild character in-tier for the Chronicle Sheet. Alternatively, they may use the sheet to create a new character. This is similar to applying credit to a pregenerated character (see Applying Credit on page 7), except that players can apply Campaign mode credit to characters of the same level or lower and they do not need to expend resources on their earned Chronicle sheets to resolve conditions. GMs receive full credit for the adventure as normal (see page 17).

Event Mode: Only Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild characters may play in games run in event mode, and all Roleplaying Guild rules must be followed. Most modules can only be played in event mode.

Standard pregenerated characters are allowed for use in event mode play in any module for which the character would be in the module’s level range. Higher-level content requires a legal Roleplaying Guild character in the appropriate level range.
The adventure path games we schedule for 'official' PFS events are usually run in Campaign Mode but the GM could choose to run using only PFS legal characters if they like. That may be complicated if you are only going to run the PFS legal (i.e. on the chronicle sheet) portions of the adventures since the levels can vary wildly from one chronicle sheet to the next.

Richard: if you'd like more time to prepare I could schedule the first event for this adventure path later in August. I may also have some maps to share since my home group has started this adventure path already :D
Last edited by Sir.Gryphon on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Late September would be best. As I mentioned the first round for the pathfinder 2 subscription is very pricey, and I'll have to wait until later in the august or early September to buy three first book.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

rwcraigo
Venture Captain

Post by rwcraigo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:56 pm

lochinvar_1971 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 pm Late September would be best. As I mentioned the first round for the pathfinder 2 subscription is very pricey, and I'll have to wait until later in the august or early September to buy three first book.
The Anniversary Edition is all one book. I have the pdf though if you want to check it out.
-RC