Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

September PFS GM Call

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Hail and Well Met Pathfinders!

Welcome to Season 3 of Pathfinder Society 2E. Enter the Magus and the Summoner – Please make sure you pick up your copy of Secrets of Magic.

Please Note: There have been substantial changes to the PFS2E Organizational Play. Please review the following link to familiarize yourself with these changes and the impact they may have on you as a GM. Pathfinder Society (Second Edition) Guide to Organized Play

I do have a lot of requests for people to be able to GM a PF2E game. Please limit your signups to one game, but do sign yourself up to play games prior to the weekly sign-ups going out if you GM I do need PFS1 GM’s for a few scenarios.

I appreciate each and every one of you and appreciate the strong GM base I have

Just as a reminder:
  • Games start at 6pm and end at 10pm. Let's be respectful of our hosts and try to end on time!
  • We follow the D11 weather closure schedule; if D11 is closed on Wednesday, PFS/SFS is canceled for the night. Please be safe and plan accordingly.
  • Please make sure that your real name (or at least whatever you'd like me to call you on the schedule) is listed in your post. If your account is ChunkyLover53 and you don't list your real name, you will be christened...
  • Please do not hot-swap tables!
  • Any sign ups on the day of the game (Wednesday) may not get a slot at the table, but do show up. We will always try to fit you in to a game!
  • GMs: if you need to cancel, let me know ASAP so I can find a replacement!
  • If you want a game scheduled, please ask!
Explore, Cooperate, and Report!

This month will be different. Paizo only released one scenario for August, so I am going to try to fill in with a few things different. I was going to start with the Pathfinder Trials - a chance to make a new character for Season 3. Then a return to the one-shots, an opportunity to try a different ancestry and class combo. Week 3 will be more of an open session, we’ve had a mixed group the last few months and while I know there are a lot of people that can play a 3-6 there are still some that need 1-4, unfortunately this may be a repeat for a lot of people, so I’llset four 1-4 quests. The final week will be a couple of sessions of the first Season 3 game.

01 September 2021

PF2E 02-11 Pathfinder Trials Tier 1 GM1: Mitch, GM2: Damon

Every year, the Pathfinder Society inducts new classes of recruits into their ranks. The three deans of the Society's schools, the Spells, Scrolls, and Swords, are responsible for ensuring that the new recruits have the basic skills and experience necessary to thrive in the field. PCs participating in this adventure will get to meet all three of the Society's deans and undergo their unique challenges, proving their worth and fitness to join the Pathfinder Society!

Scenario tags: Repeatable

Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Prison
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Wizard's Dungeon
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Arena
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Castles Multi-Pack

Player 1: Richard
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:
Player 7:
Player 8:
Player 9:
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:

08 September 2021

I’m going to need a minimum three GM’s for this session, since there are only four pregens for this session.

PF2E Pathfinder One-Shot #2 Dinner at Lionlodge
GM#1: Richard
GM#2: Damon
GM#3 Brian
GM#4 TBD

Pregens for this scenario will be provided!

Invited to a hunting lodge to attend a grand dinner, the PCs are in for a treat. Initially called forth to go on an exciting hunt the following day, an uncomfortable meal causes some trepidation. The eccentric hunter who inhabits the lodge has other plans for his guests. Can the group figure out what's going on before their dinner is ruined?

Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:
Player 7:
Player 8:
Player 9:
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:
Player 13:
Player 14:
Player 15:
Player 16:

15 September 2021

PFS2 Pathfinder Adventure Path #146: Cult of Cinders (Age of Ashes 2 of 6) GM: Mitch

Stand Against the Darkness

The citadel atop Hellknight Hill has been claimed, along with the ring of ancient portals in its basement. What dangers lie beyond this magical portal, and what do the cultists who've used it before have in store? There's only one way to find out: the heroes must travel through to the lands beyond, where they will make new allies, face new enemies, and do much, much more! The Age of Ashes Adventure Path continues with "Cult of Cinders"—a complete adventure for 5th–8th level characters.

Player 1: Richard
Player 2: James
Player 3: Brian
Player 4: OJ
Player 5: Annie
Player 6: Damon

Quest night - Quests are shorter scenarios, lasting around an hour and provideding 1 xp, 2.5 treasure bundles and 1 reputation. If you want a chance to gm, but don’t want to GM a full game, then please use this as your opportunity. I will need a gms to run a total of four quests

PF2E Q01 Sandstone Secret Tier 1-4 GM: TBD

When the Pathfinder Society receives word of a promising, unexplored ruin in Osirion, the PCs set out to uncover the site's secrets. Yet upon arriving, the PCs learn that a different group of Pathfinders has already entered the ruins. Has there been some mistake, is the site's magic playing tricks on everyone, or is there something more nefarious afoot?

Maps:
Pathfinder Flipmap: Ancient Dungeon

PF2E Q04 Port Peril Pub Crawl Tier 1-4 GM: TBD

Venture-Captain Calisro Bennary has arranged for the PC's transport to the pirate haven of Port Peril to make contact with Free Captain Stella Fane and negotiate a contract with her, facilitating Society movements through the pirate blockades in the area. The job seems simple: track down the the pirate captain, secure the agreement, and then return to Absalom. But few things are simple when a den of villainous pirates is involved, and it's unlikely the PCs will be able to leave Port Peril without throwing a few punches in a proper pub brawl!

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Tavern Multi-pack

PF2E Q10 The Broken Scales Tier 1-4 GM: TBD

It's often debated whether Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng is dangerously erratic or simply uncannily unpredictable, but wherever he appears, chaos is sure to follow. When Dreng calls for a group of Pathfinders to help him check on the Society's kobold allies, the Sewer Dragons, what should have been a simple rendezvous turns into a chase through the sewers of Absalom to save the Society's scaley associates.

Scenario tags: None

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip Tiles: Urban Sewers Expansion
PF2E Q11 The Parchment Tree Tier 1-4 GM: TBD

In the nation of Qadira, Esmayl ibn Qaradi calls for Pathfinders to assist in what should be a simple genealogy verification. Multiple parties are heavily invested in the results that might be revealed by this family tree, however, and things won't be as simple as sifting through some old family records. As thieves and nobles vie to control history itself, the PCs will need to fend off violence and deceptions as they follow the branches of an ancient family tree.

Scenario tags: None

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip Tiles: Urban Starter Set

Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:

22 Sept 2021
Bounty night - Bounties are shorter scenarios, lasting around an hour and provideding 1 xp, 2.5 treasure bundles and 1 reputation. All of the bounties are for Level 1 characters. If you want a chance to gm, but don’t want to GM a full game, then please use this as your opportunity. I will need a gms to run a total of eight bounties[/b]

Pathfinder Bounty #1: The Whitefang Wyrm Tier 1 GM: TBD

In the frigid region known as the Crown of the World, people from diverse cultures and backgrounds must all band together to survive the long nights of winter and deadly thaws of spring. The way of life of these hardy frontier folk is now threatened by a serpentine creature that slips in during the dead of night and empties their nets of fish and their smoking racks of fresh meat. Unable and unwilling to let this theft stand, the people of the tiny northern town of Aaminiut have placed a bounty on the creature known locally as "the Whitefange Wyrm".

Maps:
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Ice World

Pathfinder Bounty #2: Blood of the Beautiful Tier 1 GM: TBD

A Druman farmer posts a request for adventurers to begin an immediate investigation into the murder of his prized alpacas! Farmer Harjack's land is located just north of the town known as Petitioner's Point, and all he knows for certain is that a creature comes in the night and drains alpacas of their blood before disappearing into the dark. As the PCs investigations lead them into the nearby wilderness, they'll need to be ready to bring all their skills to bear if they hope to track the creature down to its lair and put it down before it can harm any more defenseless animals.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Deep Forest

Pathfinder Bounty #3: Shadows and Scarecrows Tier 1 GM: Tyler

In the shadow-darkened alleys and fields of Nidal, a scarecrow lurks the night,taking people from yards and common areas before disappearing without a trace. A bounty has been posted on this nefarious fiend, but things may be even murkier than the heroes expect in this land of perpetual twilight.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Hill Country

b] Pathfinder Bounty #4: Cat's Cradle Tier 1 GM: TBD [/b]

On a recent trip across the trade routes of the Golden Road, a merchant was robbed and her beloved family heirloom—a puzzle box—stolen. The PCs will have to keep their wits about as they head into the desert to unravel the riddle of what happened and recover the missing antique.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Desert

Pathfinder Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday Tier 1 GM: TBD

Everyone loves Winter Week! But a witch in a quiet town isn’t finding the preparations for the big holiday feast as joyful as usual, and she’s overwhelmed by all the work left to do. As the PCs respond to her request for helpers, can they ensure the festivities go off without a hitch?

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Hamlet

Pathfinder Bounty #6: The Road from Otari Tier 1 GM: TBD

Hired to deliver packages from the small fishing village of Otari to the metropolis of Absalom, the PCs encounter halfling traders who have suffered a strange attack and confront a subterranean creature that’s surfaced to hunt.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Forest

Pathfinder Bounty #7: Cleanup Duty Tier 1 GM: Tyler

A time-displaced alchemist hires the PCs to clear out his former master's abode, which has become infested with oozes over the intervening millennia.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Asylum

Pathfinder Bounty #8: TThe Tireless Path Tier 1 GM: TBD

A caravan is set to depart from the small town of Grayce, but it needs some capable guards. It's up to the PCs to step in and ensure the caravan, and its passengers, reach their destination.

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Deep Forest

Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:
Player 7:
Player 8:
Player 9:
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:

29 Sept 2021

PF2E Pathfinder Society Intro: Year of Shattered Sanctuaries Tier 1-4 GM1: Richard, GM2: Mitch

A recently inducted Pathfinder field agent makes a startling discovery as pleas for assistance flock to the Society’s Grand Lodge from across the Inner Sea. A group of Pathfinders come to assist in parsing the ongoing damage to the Society when a staunch ally requests their assistance. Stepping into a problem close to home, the agents quickly uncover a larger plot set to tear the Society apart and that it’s up to them to raise the alarm!
Intro: Year of Shattered Sanctuaries is the introduction to the ongoing story of the Year of Shattered Sanctuaries. It is also the first scenario in a four-part arc detailing the events taking place in and around the Society's headquarters at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, the City of Lost Omens. Other arcs explore other locations across the Inner Sea. While the arcs can be played in any order, it is recommended that players experience the scenarios within each individual arc in order, and this scenario is a natural starting point for the Year 3 metaplot as a whole.
Scenario tags: Metaplot (Shattered Sanctuaries), Repeatable

Maps:
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: City Sites Multi-Pack
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Tavern Multi-Pack

Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:
Player 7:
Player 8:
Player 9:
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:
Last edited by lochinvar_1971 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

Haman
Venture Lieutenant
Name: Mitch
PFS Number: 93914
GM Stars: 3
GM Novas: 3

Re: September PFS GM Call

Post by Haman » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Please sign me up to run on the 1st and the 29th, please.
--Mitch K
PFS # 93914

DamonSch
Society Field Agent
Name: Damon Schoonover

Post by DamonSch » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:59 pm

I will run the second table for 2-11 on September 1st. Also will run one of the tables on the 8th.

Damon
Last edited by DamonSch on Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttownley
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Tyler

Post by ttownley » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:20 am

Richard,

I would love to GM something. I don't know what, because I have no maps, no minis, and I've never GM'd before. That said, I don't want to be "that guy" who always plays and never GMs. If there is a scenario that would be easy to swing for a first-time GM, by all means, sign me up. If you would rather I gain GM exp. somewhere else, that's OK too.

Thought I'd offer,
Tyler

lochinvar_1971
Seeker

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:01 pm

If you want to do a quest or a bounty it will take minimal prep time and several of us can help with the maps and pawns\ minis. Just pick one or two to start. If you do two bounties I'll take 2 and that will make ar least one full table on the 22nd.
--Richard
PFS # 160719

ttownley
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Tyler

Post by ttownley » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:35 am

Cool.

Ooooooooo, oozes! :)) Please sign me up to GM Pathfinder Bounty #7: Cleanup Duty, and Pathfinder Bounty #3: Shadows and Scarecrows.

I'll bring my roll-up dry-erase map, and I'll show up early early. Do I need to print anything out or anything?

Tyler
Last edited by ttownley on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lochinvar_1971
Seeker

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:44 pm

I have the Hill Country map which will help with prep. You should print out the scenario and make sure you have seven copies of the chronicle sheet for each of the two Bounties. If you have an issue getting a copy of the Bounties let me know by next week and I will get them printed out for you.

Richard
--Richard
PFS # 160719

Hakken
Store Coordinator
Name: brian
PFS Number: 36704
GM Stars: 5
GM Novas: 2

Post by Hakken » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm

so which ones do you need me to run? 1,2,4,5?