27 Sep 19 games go from about 7pm until about 11 pm

Table 1: 2nd Edition PFS

GM: Michael

1. Hillary
2. Jimmie
3. Carlos
4. Brian
6. Bennet
Last edited by Hakken on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Re: 27 Sep 19 GM and Player sign up

Post by musclecarlover07 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:07 pm

If you don't know how to build a character that's fine. I will do a 30 minute to and hour workshop on character creation as well as some of the relevant information to play. So 2E is a streamline, simpler version of 1E. Or if you prefer to play a pregen that is also welcome. I plan on starting The Fall of Plaguestone. If there is enough interest then I plan on running the entire adventure. It should take us to about 4th level.

Toolbox Motley
Initiate of the Society
Name: Toolbox Motley
PFS Number: 277673

Post by Toolbox Motley » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:34 pm

I THINK this is the game I was told about on September 6th? There was a dog named Shadow there, I was the guy using a premade Ninja named Reiko. Hopefully I'm in the right place. Is there space at the table for a newbie? Name's John.

Dulon
Society Field Agent

Post by Dulon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 am

Yep, this is the right forum and game, I was the GM for the one you played. The table this week (27th) Is for the second edition of Pathfinder which we're trying to gauge interest for; tables can go up to 7 players, but we normally try and run a second one if we get that many people signed up.

~Jimmie

Toolbox Motley
Initiate of the Society

Post by Toolbox Motley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:22 am

Is that 7 players as in 7 people at the table, or is the GM an 8th? I'd certainly like to partake if you'll have me. I've looked at Archive of Nethys for some info on 2nd edition, and it certainly looks different. Given that I've never really gone through a successful 1e campaign, though, I don't know that that'll be a problem. Shall I click the Attend button on this thread, or would you recommend looking for another group?

Dulon
Society Field Agent

Post by Dulon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm

The table sizes are 3 players+GM minimum, to 7+GM maximum, which is where we usually break it up into more tables if we can to avoid turning people away. Experience isn't really an issue, especially with 2E because none of the regulars at this location have really played it much so we'll all be learning the system at the same time.

Also the normal Friday night games aren't really a continuous campaign like you might be thinking. We normally play what's called the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild campaign, which is basically a series of loosely connected one shot adventures that anyone can sign up to play in. There are some special rules for this, like character wealth being tracked on chronicle sheets you get at the end of each game and a restriction on most crafting feats, all of which are covered in the free guide to organized play.

https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Pat ... uild-Guide

While there are quite a few regular players at Heroes and Dragons, you're definitely not disrupting anything by signing up to play and we always welcome new people.

Toolbox Motley
Initiate of the Society

Post by Toolbox Motley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Good to hear. :) I'll go ahead and hit Attend, then. Looking forward to playing, and I'll read through the linked document until then. I've actually gotten through a bit of it already, and was a bit concerned since it seems to be talking about 1e. I'm guessing the system elements are changed, while the story elements are largely the same?

Would there be any opposition to me showing up at the other Friday games leading up to the start of 2e? Whether I play a character or not, I figure it'd be a good way to get a feel for how things work.

Dulon
Society Field Agent

Post by Dulon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 pm

That is the guide for 1E, the 2E version of it is still being developed I think. The storyline stuff will be mostly the same, so we'll still be playing Society agents and stuff, but all the game mechanics for character building and fame points and that sort of thing will be different between 1st and 2nd edition. Normally we're more organized about this sort of thing but right now we're in the transition phase where 1E has ended and 2E hasn't really caught on yet; it's actually probably a good time to start playing since everyone will be starting fresh with 2E.

Also dropping in for games is fine, just try and post on here if you're going to attend or want to reserve a seat ahead of time. This forum is what we use to coordinate games and gauge if we need to open a second table up.

ESParker
Store Coordinator
Name: Eric S Parker
PFS Number: 20781
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 5
GM Novas: 2

Post by ESParker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:44 am

Greetings,
The Pathfinder Society Guide Guide to Play (Second Edition( can be found at this location.
http://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/ ... pfs2guide/
3 PCs Killed in Action
:( Five PCs killed from the other side of the screen
116 tables PFS 1E credit, 152 tables PFS 2E credit, 46 tables SFS credit
computerpro82@gmail.com
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017

DavidPetik
Veteran Field Agent
Name: David Petik
PFS Number: 98293
GM Stars: 3

Post by DavidPetik » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 pm

You can pull me off this one. I am not going to start on 2nd edition.
David Petik
From the planet of the "Puddin Brains"

Carlos
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Carlos » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:36 pm

If we need more space at the table go ahead and pull me off. I will play if people do not show up.
Carlos

wez201102
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Weston Rathmell

Post by wez201102 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Don't think i'll be able to make it this week but next week seems likely!