CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Scenario suggestions for April @ The Wizard's Chest

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Anybody got a scenario they want to play at wizard's chest on the 8th and/or the 22nd? Have you wanted to GM anything? Is there something special you always wanted to play but never got the chance? Part 2 of a scenario arc you never got to play? Core mode of a Known-to-TPK scenario? A mid-level replayable?

I'm open to suggestions for a couple days before I put up the sign up thread.

Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Ray
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Ray W.
PFS Number: 260527

Re: Scenario suggestions for April @ The Wizard's Chest

Post by Ray » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:01 pm

I am open to anything, having only played 4 things in PFS. I don't know any of the content.....just happy to play. So if a few people want a higher level thing, I will happily run a pregen to fill out the numbers......I can always apply it later. I'm just happy there are games near the middle of town on the weekend. I can't reach anything else in time during the week.
And Zach and Chris, if you guys would rather play something, I can GM as well. I've been playing PF since it came out, I just would need to buy the scenario.
Ray
As a GM: TPK should never be the goal.....making the player's FEEL like TPK is imminent is the sweet spot.
As a Player: Kill the enemy, save the innocent, and solve all the puzzles - each with minimum resources expended. Loot anything of value. Then bask in glorious geek victory.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm

I do have a Core PC that needs to do part 2 & 3 of the Scions of the Sky Key arc, but, with CollectorMania currently doing it, would we get enough takers?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Ray
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Ray » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:23 pm

If you rustle up the people, I will find time to run it.
Ray
As a GM: TPK should never be the goal.....making the player's FEEL like TPK is imminent is the sweet spot.
As a Player: Kill the enemy, save the innocent, and solve all the puzzles - each with minimum resources expended. Loot anything of value. Then bask in glorious geek victory.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:04 pm

I'd prefer to GM it since I've had it prepped for when I was supposed to run it at EG last September. Still have the maps & props ready to go. I'll wait for more suggestions, though, for back-up.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Would it be ideal to run some scenarios for people who have played crypt of the everflame to get them to level 3 for the next module in the series?its a 2-4, but I imagine it'd be best at level 3 or 4, since it's advertised as a level 3 module.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Zach,

Considered that too. Something good on it's own, i.e. something not tied to a season's major plot line. Was considering Black Waters but it's season 0. Something with decent rewards on the chronicle, maybe? Suggestions?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Ray, is there a scenario you'd like to GM on the 8th? I can lend you the scenario, if needed. Core or Standard? Pick anything or I could give you some suggestions.

To name a few: Black Waters, Trouble in Tamran (takes place in Nirmathas where Crypt/Everflame & following modules take place), Decline of Glory? Anything with cultists?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Haven't received much for scenario suggestions. On Sunday April 8th I'm planning on offering #37 The Beggar's Pearl (tier 1-5) CORE table & #6-05 Slave Ships of Absalom (tier 1-5) standard Table. Going to start offering a bunch of Season 6 stuff over the next few months as well as the follow up modules to Crypt of the Everflame.

I need GMs for these tables! Zach & I will not be there due to other plans. If anyone can run at least one of the tables, I'll post the sign up thread soon.

Cheers!
Christian Dragos
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Ray
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Ray » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:39 am

Chris - thanks for asking about scenarios, but I don't know what to tell you to be honest. I don't know what any of the scenarios are - I purposely haven't read them so as to preserve my fun if I play them. Since my main toon is a Magus, my "want to play" focus would be anything that awards spellbooks or scrolls so I can build my arcane empire ;)
I also don't mind GM'ing any of them, since I still get credit to a character. I can GM either table on 4/8. I have a buddy who has most of the old scenarios, I'm sure I can get it from him. Let me know which you prefer me to do. I also have a few GM questions about resources if either you or Zach could call me at work: 303-721-3234 you can leave any vmail on there
Ray

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:32 am

Ray -- shot you an email!

Z

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:29 am

Ray wrote: Chris - thanks for asking about scenarios, but I don't know what to tell you to be honest. I don't know what any of the scenarios are - I purposely haven't read them so as to preserve my fun if I play them. Since my main toon is a Magus, my "want to play" focus would be anything that awards spellbooks or scrolls so I can build my arcane empire ;)
I also don't mind GM'ing any of them, since I still get credit to a character. I can GM either table on 4/8. I have a buddy who has most of the old scenarios, I'm sure I can get it from him. Let me know which you prefer me to do. I also have a few GM questions about resources if either you or Zach could call me at work: 303-721-3234 you can leave any vmail on there
It's not necessary to read a scenario to know what to run. Usually just the scenario description on the product page will give a basic run-down and the reviews can be plenty of help. Lots of spoilers sometimes, though. Or, have you ever heard players talking about a scenario and it sounded like it was a "must play" to you? I'll sign you up to GM The Beggar's Pearl. It's a fun one. Thank you for stepping up to GM!

Christian D.

Edit: I always check the scenario's description on the product page, btw. It gives me info or hints on which one of my PCs & Faction would be most needed.
Last edited by CDragos on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver