Participants

Slots: ---

Moderators: CDragos, slate, Homunculus23

Pogie
Society Field Agent
GM Stars: 2

Re: The Future of PFS at The Wizard's Chest

Post by Pogie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Another thought to consider. Modules are a lot of fun to play but to have them in the regularly scheduled slot at a store effectively locks down a venue. This prevents new players from coming in and trying out the game and keeps away active players who either did not get a spot or could not commit to the length of the module.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:41 pm

If we had more players and GMs, I would offer a second table with a normal scenario. This hasn't been possible in the past several months.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Just heard back from Vilo, a game manager at WC. We could stay as late as 9pm on a Monday. 6 to 9pm is too short a time for a scenario and I'm pretty sure 5pm is too early for those that work 9-5. I'm off at 4-ish on weekdays so it's no problem for me.

How does 1st Sunday, 1-5pm and 3rd Monday, 5-9pm of each month sound? Would a Monday starting at 5pm work for any of you?

Edit: Anyone know of any gamer friendly stores or pubs near Wiz Chest that would let us do 6-10pm on a Monday?
Last edited by CDragos on Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Ray
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Ray W.
PFS Number: 260527

Post by Ray » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm

I have not been around because WC is the best option for me to play (nearest to my home), and the pirate module ate up all of the available play slots with no other options for several months. I would have played it, but the slots filled up quickly. I found that all to be very frustrating, and would have liked to see a second table open up with normal scenarios - I would even have GM'd a few times.
Weekends are really the only time for me, as I work until 7pm during the week and cannot make any games around town unless I have a last minute shakeup at work that allows me to leave early.....and last minute decisions to play don't support the system due to needing to sign up, and definitely prevents me from GM'ing. I also agree that anything played in the first week needs to be posted sooner to allow more time for signups to fill the table.

1) Standard PFS scenarios (any season).
this works for me

2) Core mode scenarios (seasons 0-5).
this works for me - I don't mind 50-50 between Core and Standard

3) PFS sanctioned 32 page modules (split into two 4 hour sessions).
I love these

4) PFS sanctioned 64 page modules (split into four to five 4 hour sessions).
I would love to get into these, but I don't think they are at all practical for the community because of how it locks down play slots for too long a time and leaves those that did not get into the module waiting to play until it is done. These are best done in private games.

5) Second Edition PFS starting in August 2019.
no interest - this does not need to exist but for Paizo wanting to make more money

6) Starfinder Society.
I do not enjoy sci-fi versions of sword and sorcery.....they are separate genre's to me and I much prefer sword & sorcery

7) Playing on 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month.
Please keep it on the weekends- I will never be able to play at WC during the week.

8.) Playing at The Tabletop Tap on Sundays, 1-5pm (near S. Broadway & Hampden in downtown Englewood).
This is an option for me, but due to distance I will make fewer of these than I would make WC games. Also, if it's a bar, what happens when football season starts and their table space is at a premium?

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Looks like we will continue to do 1st & 3rd Sundays of each month. Standard PFS scenarios with a core mode thrown in once in awhile. I will also offer a 32 page/8 hour module about every 3 months. No 64 page mega modules will be offered -they take way too long.

Not much interest in PF 2nd edition. Maybe do 1 game every couple of months, but, we'll have to see what the interest will be after its August release.

No Starfinder will be offered. CollectorMania offers plenty.
Last edited by CDragos on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Christian,

1) I've been playing since Year 0, so I've played most scenarios at this point except for Yr 10 and probably parts of 9. Pretty much anything that came out after PFS@EG-HR stopped. (Summer 2018?). If something is scheduled that I haven't played, then I will gladly participate if my schedule permits.

2) Core isn't something that appeals to me. I've played a few scenarios, but I'm so used to all the other options that it doesn't feel the same.

3) I'm ok with sanctioned mods, APs etc. There are some I have already played, but not most.

4) see above.

5) I plan on playing Pathfinder 2.0 and would love to play some of the playtests.

6) Starfinder - Yes, Im open, but fantasy has always been my preference. With 2.0 coming out I don't know if I can budget for both PFS2 and SFS support books.

7) 1st and 3rd Mondays - I believe this was what EG used to have. Yes, it worked for me and would love to see it again. The problem for me is location. I work way down south (470 and Peoria-ish, by Centennial Airport). I get off at 5pm and there are only so many places I can get to by 6pm with normal Denver traffic. I'm not sure I can make it to Wizards' Chest by 6. I suppose that would depend on how flexible the starting time is.

8) Sure, I can play at Tabletop Tap. Beer is always better for dice rolling! My issue isn't the schedule, it's what I've already played combined with commuting time. Sunday afternoon isn't normally a problem for me, and it's much easier to get around then during the week.

Anyway, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

But those are my two coppers worth.

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:00 pm

CDragos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:54 pm Just heard back from Vilo, a game manager at WC. We could stay as late as 9pm on a Monday. 6 to 9pm is too short a time for a scenario and I'm pretty sure 5pm is too early for those that work 9-5. I'm off at 4-ish on weekdays so it's no problem for me.

How does 1st Sunday, 1-5pm and 3rd Monday, 5-9pm of each month sound? Would a Monday starting at 5pm work for any of you?

Edit: Anyone know of any gamer friendly stores or pubs near Wiz Chest that would let us do 6-10pm on a Monday?
TRVE Brewing is just down the street from WC and they do host Dnd Adventurers League. I'd think they would be open to PFS as well. But again, it's getting there on time...

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:22 pm

Thanks for all the input so far, everyone. We will continue doing Sundays at WC. Basically, things will pretty much stay the same. Except no more 64 page mega modules.

I might try a Monday at Tabletop Tap once every couple months. It is a gaming pub - no sports on big screen TVs.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

grizzlydann
Rookie Field Agent
Name: BearCubDan

Post by grizzlydann » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:51 pm

My preference at the moment is 7-11 standard games. I don't really want to focus on lower level characters because I'm not sure how popular first edition will be after 2nd edition is released and I want to retire some characters.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:23 pm

I'm shooting for my fifth GM star before August. I think I have about 3 or 4 more specials to go. I was contemplating on what to offer in May. One option was to do the 3-7 tier Replayable to help some of us, like myself, get out of that level 5-7 rut we're stuck in with some PCs. Instead, how does Bonekeep level 1 (tiers 3-7) sound to anyone? It will help towards my 5th star.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent
PFS Number: 172804

Post by DougErvin913 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Sounds like a good solutions to me. Are we still playing this Sunday?

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Yes. We are playing on Sunday, April 7th.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

chzplz
Initiate of the Society
Name: Nathan W
PFS Number: 239438

Post by chzplz » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 pm

Hey there,

Looks like I found this forum at just the right time 8) I'm still a novice but would like to think I have a good grasp of the basics.

1-4) No real preference here because pretty much everything is going to be new to me.
5) Second Edition PFS starting in August 2019.
>> Def interested in 2.0
6) Starfinder Society.
>> While I like the idea (androids and aliens anyone?), I'd prefer to get familiar with Pathfinder first.
7) Playing on 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month.
8.) Playing at The Tabletop Tap on Sundays, 1-5pm (near S. Broadway & Hampden in downtown Englewood).
>> Both Sunday and Monday work for me. Preference is WC due to proximity, but I"m flexible.

I'll keep an eye out for May's sign ups - hope to see y'all around!

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks, Chzplz, for the reply. I will offer a low-level beginner friendly scenario and a higher tier scenario which you are able to play with an official pre-gen PC if you don't have a PC of your own at the level range.

We'll have to see how sign ups go for each table in May.

Feel free to ask any questions in the General Discussion section.

Welcome aboard!
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Greetings, everyone!

Our Plunder & Peril mini campaign has taken much longer than expected. My apologies.

I'll have May's signup post in the next few days. I have been thinking and planning which scenarios to offer for the next few months.

WC will be the "Classic PFS Scenarios Spot" in the region. There will be at least one beginner-friendly low tier or evergreen (tiers 1-2 or 1-5) from seasons 0-5 and there will also be at least one high tier (3-7, 5-9, 7-11) each month from those seasons as well. I have a couple tier 7-11 classics in mind for the next couple months. The high level scenarios I'm planning to offer have not been run in the Denver metro area in a loooong time and some never have been offered. A core game will be thrown in every so often, as well as a two-session/32 page module.

Thanks, all!

Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver