Moderators: CDragos, slate, Homunculus23

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Logan G.
PFS Number: 243126

Re: Plaguestone @ WC Discussion Thread

Post by Homunculus23 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Awesome, thanks 8)
Now - there was something about "side quest"? ???
Logan G., Denver, CO

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:44 pm

The pertinent info:
Pathfinder Adventures: Stand-alone adventure books that take one or more sessions to complete. Many Adventures are sanctioned for use in the Pathfinder Society campaign.
Adventure Mode is used for adventures not published for society play, and allows the GM more freedom to adapt those adventures, including running the adventure in Pathfinder using GM house rules, and the ability to alter encounters and statistics found in the adventure.
Campaign Characters are characters that are designed according to the GM's House Rules.
Pathfinder Adventures are run in Adventure Mode using Campaign Characters. Campaign Characters are NOT valid for society play. At the end of an Pathfinder Adventure, you get a chronicle sheet which you can apply to any of your Pathfinder Society characters. It grants 12 xp, 30 treasure bundles and some other things. You apply the XP 4 at a time, 10 treasure bundles in each 4xp increment and 8 days of downtime per 4xp increment.

Let's take a level 2 PC with 4 XP toward level 3. The PC would get 8XP at level 2, 20 treasure bundles worth whatever level 2 treasure bundles are worth, and 2 x 8 days of downtime at level 2. Then the PC is leveled up, and gets the last set of 4 xp, 10 treasure bundles, and 8 days of downtime at the appropriate values for level 3.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:24 pm

Actually, after giving it some thought, your characters can keep or sell anything they find. The PCs are specifically made for this adventure, so, they're basically "home game" PCs and, therefore, not legal for society play. After Plaguestone, if I happen to run a level 4 module, I would allow you to play the PCs if you'd want to and carry over the items you found.

So, yeah, keep or sell whatever you find.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:14 pm

So are we still getting chronicle sheets for this, then? Yeah, I didn't expect to play this toon in another PFS games, just to get the chronicle for another character.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:51 pm

greywizard77 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:14 pm So are we still getting chronicle sheets for this, then? Yeah, I didn't expect to play this toon in another PFS games, just to get the chronicle for another character.
Since you used the term "toon", which annoys the f*** out of me, everybody except you gets a chronicle.

Yes, you are all getting chronicles. You'll have to choose carefully which of your PCs gets it, though, since there are many very unique items on it. I'll bring a handout of some of the special items that you only get to choose one of. I've seen people hold the chronicle to make a new PC based off the items awarded.

Keepsakes are posted below.
Last edited by CDragos on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Chronicle sheets for adventures will occasionally include a section for “Keepsakes”. It is generally assumed that a character will only acquire one keepsake per adventure; once a player has applied this Chronicle to a character and purchased a keepsake from the list, they must cross the remaining items in that list off of their Chronicle sheet. This allows them to repurchase the chosen keepsake or even share access to it with other characters using inheritor boons or other options that allow a player to share boons between characters, but all other items cease to be available (though they may be available for acquisition later through the Achievement Point system.)
---------------------------
Keepsakes► Show Spoiler
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Homunculus23 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:34 pm

I don't think I am following all this...
I was still just new to PFS when the pandemic hit, so a bit lost on boons and chronical sheets. But I built my guy with all PF books and kinda wanted to play him in more "adventure mode" games.

I am just bit more use to the D&D find-it, use-it, I guess. But really like the sheet ideas PFS has! Even if I am still learning it.
Logan G., Denver, CO

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:53 pm

Meggir is not a PFS PC. He is only a temporary character for this Adventure and possible future "campaign mode" games. You'll need to make an actual PFS PC to participate in PFS scenarios. If you do not have any current PFS characters or are unsure about applying this chronicle, the best thing would be to take the 3rd level credit on the chronicle, hang onto it, then apply it to a PC when they hit 3rd level.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent
PFS Number: 172804

Post by DougErvin913 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Since the characters only get a day to rest and advance i assume my wizard will only get the two free advancement spell and will not have time scribe any others? Also I assume only CRB spells? SOM has scorching ray that I would like to try.

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Homunculus23 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:50 pm

CDragos wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:53 pm Meggir is not a PFS PC. He is only a temporary character for this Adventure and possible future "campaign mode" games. You'll need to make an actual PFS PC to participate in PFS scenarios.
I want to play Meggir in other Adventure/campaign games, should we be splitting up the treasure and keeping track it instead of waiting on the chronic sheet?
Logan G., Denver, CO

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Homunculus23 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:50 pm
CDragos wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:53 pm Meggir is not a PFS PC. He is only a temporary character for this Adventure and possible future "campaign mode" games. You'll need to make an actual PFS PC to participate in PFS scenarios.
I want to play Meggir in other Adventure/campaign games, should we be splitting up the treasure and keeping track of it instead of waiting on the chronicle sheet?
Yes. However, another GM may not accept Meggir in their game since he was made for Plaguestone.
It's just like any other home game. Most GMs have policies about new PCs coming into their games.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent

Post by DougErvin913 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am

Don't know if I will help or harm by adding to the discussion. This is the 3rd or 4th module I have played in. They give me an opportunity to try out some concepts I don't want to waste on an actual PFS character. In Plaguestone I am playing a wizard for the first time since D&D 2e. I did not like wizards in 3--3.5 or PF 1e. The beauty of playing a module is I don't end up with an orphaned chronicle sheet, I can apply it to one of my existing characters or an actual PFS version of Talisin. Yes he will start at 2nd level but that is better than ground 0.

Hope that helps
Doug

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

You helped, Doug. ;)

But remember, in PFS you can free rebuild any PC before they're played at level 2.

Wait... What!?! You didn't like wizards in 3.5 or PF1e!?!

Behold...
Professor Q's Expanded Wizard Guide!
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent

Post by DougErvin913 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am

Updated my character sheet for Sunday's game including all of the alchemy bombs we got and the potions.

Christian, I mostly played a magus in PF1. Close enough. For PF2 I am looking at playing an evoker and my already existing cleric. If nothing else Plaguestone has pointed out the need for a dedicated healer.

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Homunculus23 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 pm

DougErvin913 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am I did not like wizards in 3--3.5 or PF 1e.
You know, I've always felt wizards have been not up to snuff. It seems like they should get the most skills than rogues.
DougErvin913 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am The beauty of playing a module is I don't end up with an orphaned chronicle sheet, I can apply it to one of my existing characters or an actual PFS version of Talisin. Yes he will start at 2nd level but that is better than ground 0.
OK - so I think I'm getting this. I can make a second-level character and give them the sheet we get from Plaugestone. Then keep Migg to the side and if @CDragos or someone runs something like this again, just use what Migg had from the end of Plaugestone in that new adventure. Yes?

I was under the impression you could not make a second-level character to start, they had to have all sheets to bump them up to that level.
Logan G., Denver, CO