CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Plaguestone @ WC Discussion Thread

Post by CDragos » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 pm

No, you apply the chronicle to a 1st level PC.
Fall of Plaguestone awards 12 XP, the equivalent of one level. If you apply it to a level 1 PC, they're boosted to 2nd level with this one chronicle.

You can't take what Migg earned and put it on a different PC. It has to stay with Migg and you would play him in a different module or create an entirely new PC, depending on the GM's rules.

Logan, have you read the Guide to Organized Play? All of the information is in there.
Last edited by CDragos on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:40 pm

Doug, Eric, Logan, and Matt.

I hope you are all doing well. Thank you all for your kind words & understanding with me needing the time off last session. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to conclude this adventure by the end of the session on Sunday (Oct. 3rd). I still have a bit of reading & prep to do, so it's not definite if we'll be finishing it. Definitely the session afterward, though.

What I need to know is if any of you will be applying the chronicle sheet from Plaguestone to a new level 1 PC. If so, you'll have a spanking-new level 2 PC after applying it, ready to jump into PFS games. If you'll be applying the chronicle to one of your current PCs with any previous credit, we'll need to do a bit of work to figure out gold earned for each third and if that PC levels up anytime during those increments.

I also want to know what scenarios you guys want to do next since you missed out on some of the Season 2 stuff that Zach has been running the past few months. I'm more than happy to run the two part season opener, plus a couple others, to get you all caught up. Or, I can run some fun season 1 stuff, then lead into the Season 2 opener.

Cheers!
See y'all soon.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent
PFS Number: 172804

Post by DougErvin913 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:26 pm

Ending this campaign on Oct 3rd would be great. The rest of October gets a littler weird for me.

I debated on applying the chronicle sheet to my existing 2nd level cleric, there were times I wished I was playing him instead of the wizard. Decided to create a shiny new 2nd level character instead. Finally decided on a level 2 half elf storm druid with the medic background. A blaster that can heal.

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Logan G.
PFS Number: 243126

Post by Homunculus23 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm

I am having a lot of fun with this game. I don't mind keeping it going for a long as it takes for a natural end. But if we need to speed up, I don't mind.

I would like to play a Migger or "Migger-like-clone legal" PFS character. If that means I need to make a lvl 1 character to do so or a lvl 2, I would do so. I am still confused if I can just make a lvl with no other chorn sheets or make Migger at level 1 then apply this to them.

If we start with PFS, I would like to try to play the meta-plots from S1 into S2. I am interested in how the settings story unfolds.

Thanks Christian!!
Logan G., Denver, CO

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Homunculus23 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm I am having a lot of fun with this game. I don't mind keeping it going for a long as it takes for a natural end. But if we need to speed up, I don't mind.

I would like to play a Migger or "Migger-like-clone legal" PFS character. If that means I need to make a lvl 1 character to do so or a lvl 2, I would do so. I am still confused if I can just make a lvl with no other chorn sheets or make Migger at level 1 then apply this to them.

If we start with PFS, I would like to try to play the meta-plots from S1 into S2. I am interested in how the settings story unfolds.

Thanks Christian!!
You're very welcome! After I prep for Sunday, I'll be able to gauge how much is left for Sunday's session and if we'll need to go into the session after. Will let you all know, of course.

If you want to create a clone of Meggir that is legal for PFS play, you will need to create a new PC at 1st level using any of the legal options from the books you own. You will then need to register it under your PFS number. Then, when I give you the chronicle for completing Plaguestone, it's as if you actually completed 3 regular scenarios (a full level or 12 XP, instead of the usual 4) and you apply the sheet to your new Meggir and advance him to 2nd level before you play next. Play him in various PFS scenarios, collect chronicles, and apply those chronicles. Rinse & repeat.

It's a good idea to have around 3 PCs at first level of different classes and belonging to the factions you like the most. It makes more sense bringing a druid or ranger into a Horizon Hunters scenario than a champion of the Radiant Oath with no nature skills. Also, having more PCs means that you can fill a missing role in the party, if needed. Right now, in a PbP, I'm the the only "tank" in the party with 3 alchemists and a druid. Playing at 8th level. Things aren't going very well for my guy. If one of the other alchemist players brought in a healer, it'd be much better. C'est la vie.

After a few weeks into PFS2e, I have a Champion (Envoy's Alliance), Druid (Horizon Hunters), Ranger (Vigilant Seal), and a Sorcerer (Grand Archive). Of course, though, I now have more PCs that I created for specific scenarios and storylines, and not to mention, using AcP for race boons. As I mentioned earlier, make sure you create PCs that fit with the faction (I'm looking at you, PFS1e Zen Archer of the Dark Archive!). There's nothing worse than having a PC that doesn't cast spells and then getting awesome boons to boost the DC of certain spells or being able to use a scroll an extra time each scenario.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to email or text me if you have any questions (this means everyone!). I'd rather see you comfortable and ready for your next adventure than flustered and nervous.

Cheers!
Last edited by CDragos on Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:56 pm

I plan on applying my chronicle to a brand new TBD character.
Also, do we need to be at lvl 3 for Sunday? I don't remember what we discussed.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:28 pm

greywizard77 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:56 pm I plan on applying my chronicle to a brand new TBD character.
Also, do we need to be at lvl 3 for Sunday? I don't remember what we discussed.
Uhh. Huh, huh. *Beavis & Butthead laugh*
Yeah. Same here. Boost to level 3. Lol.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Rico
Initiate of the Society
Name: Eric Dahlgren
PFS Number: 2384160

Post by Rico » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:16 pm

Hey, mine will be a new TBD character, so we'll keep the chronicle sheet easy.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:25 am

Cool. Looks like everyone will be applying it to a new PC. I'm going to have you all add your character on RPG Chronicles as soon as I figure out how it works.

See ya all soon.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent

Post by DougErvin913 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 am

Suggestion for next years module, The Night of the Gray Death. High level 15 plus. Give us a chance to play high level characters. Should have a nice chronicle sheet. Of course I am assuming it gets sanctioned.
Doug

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:50 am

Good to hear you're feeling good for Sunday's game, Doug.

It might be awhile to run a high level game. If I do more sanctioned modules, which I most likely will, they will be sporadic in level. Maybe a level 4 in a few months, a level 7 after that then a level 5, etc... It all depends what is available.

Also, I will do sanctioned modules in my own, or another's home. That way we can have open PFS tables at WC instead of one table being a closed private game.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Since Doug can play Sunday, why don't we just finish up Plaguestone? That way we don't have to get our chronicles confused before starting a another new character. Just a thought.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:01 pm

greywizard77 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:41 pm Since Doug can play Sunday, why don't we just finish up Plaguestone? That way we don't have to get our chronicles confused before starting a another new character. Just a thought.
Good idea! Ok! We'll finish Plaguestone.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent

Post by DougErvin913 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:57 am

Christian, I don't see the chronicle sheet being applied to my character, 172804 - 2003
Thanks Doug

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 am

Interesting. Ok. Lemme check my reporting list on Paizo. I'll text you when I figure out what's going on.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver