Pathfinder Adventure Card Game 06/04/2017

Moderators: lochinvar_1971, emorrow

Hikusenba
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Michael Hixenbaugh

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game 06/04/2017

Post by Hikusenba » Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 am

Hello, I'm Michael and I'm planning to run Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild at Petrie's Family Games in Colorado Springs. We're currently waiting on the organized play materials, but in the mean time I decided to start trying to organize some regular games at Petrie's, as both store-demo and "learn to play". Eventually, once the organized play materials are in, I intend to run this weekly, alternating between "learn to play" days for practice and organized play PFSACG games.

I'll be at Petrie's Family Games this Sunday, June 4th, at 12:30pm with the intent to start around 1:00pm. A single game should take no more than 1-2 hours (depending on number of players and distractions) and if enough people are interested we could play more than once.

If enough people show up, we can currently support one Mummy's Mask game of 6 and one Skull & Shackles game of 4. Each base set plays similarly with only a few exclusive mechanics as well as unique cards/equipment/opponents.

What do you need to bring?
Nothing.
As this is not yet an organized play event, a Character Deck is NOT required, and you can play with a character from the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game base set. However, if you are interested in playing a specific class, Petrie's Family Games does have several Character Decks (including Goblins Fight!) available for purchase in store or through special order. Including both Goblin decks, I believe there are currently 22 separate Character Decks containing 3-4 characters EACH, and more have been announced.

What is a good idea to bring?
Extra dice. Seriously, I once rolled as many as 5 d4s while playing by myself using two characters. I'll be bringing my tin of extra dice for everyone to use, but if you've performed your own voodoo or Satanic rituals over your own dice to improve their rolls you're more than welcome to bring your own.

This is also a great time to practice a Character Deck you've purchased/constructed to get an idea of how to play before the organized play event begins. Especially as Paizo claims their organized play scenarios are more difficult...

And if you're interested in playing PFSACG once we receive the organized play materials, send me your email and I can set up a list.
Michael H