Venture Officer Corps Changes

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Venture Officer Corps Changes

Post by Russ Brown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Hello Pathfinders,

As you may have noticed recently there have been a number of changes to the Pathfinder Society Venture Officer Corps, both locally and changes instituted by Paizo.  I am going to give a quick rundown of all of those changes.

New Organized Play Coordinator
Last summer, Mike Brock, the longtime Organized Play Coordinator for PFS chose to step down for personal reasons. This took effect last fall after Gen Con. After a lengthy search, Paizo hired Tonya Woldridge as the new Organized Play Coordinator.  You can read the [url=http://'http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5li35?Welcome-Our-New-Organized-Play']Paizo Blog Entry[/url] for more details.  One of the first things Tonya has done is to reorganize the Venture Officer corps, adding the Regional Venture Coordinator and Venture Agent positions. Over the last 4-5 years the number of Venture Officers has grown from about 30 to over 300 worldwide so a little bit of extra structure can go a long way towards staying organized.

Regional Venture-Coordinators (RVCs)

There are now 10 Regional Venture-Coordinators worldwide. For certain purposes the Venture-Captains now report to Paizo via their RVC. Colorado is part of the Southwestern U.S. region and our RVC is Eric Brittain. This [url=http://'http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5li6u?New-Recruits-New-Achievements'] Paizo blog post[/url] lists all the RVCs.

Venture-Captains
The responsibilities of Venture-Captains have not changed much. They are responsible for organizing PFS events in their areas.

Venture-Lieutenants
The responsibilities of Venture-Lieutenants have also remained much the same. They are responsible for organizing PFS games and assisting the Venture-Captain with larger events.

Venture Agents
Venture Agents are your friendly local store coordinators. They are responsible for organizing PFS games at a single location.  If you are currently a store coordinator and would like to become a Venture Agent, contact me or your nearest VL.

Venture Officer Responsibilities
This [url=http://'http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/getInvolved'] page on the Paizo site[/url] details all the duties and rewards of each level of Venture Officer.

Venture Officer Task Forces
Tonya has also created a number of Venture Officer 'Task Forces', which will work behind the scenes to help PFS run more smoothly. Task Forces address issues from convention organization, correcting errors in PFS game reporting, to making recommendations on what to include or exclude in the additional resources document. 

Local changes to the Colorado Venture Officer Corps
Recently we have also had a number of changes locally in Colorado to the Venture Officer corps.  Jacque Woods our Venture Captain, Martin Blake Venture Lieutenant for Denver and Bryan Critchfield Venture Lieutenant for Northern Colorado have all decided to retire from being Venture Officers.  Their reasons are varied and personal so I will let them share as much detail as they want on their own and just express my gratitude for everything they have done for Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society in the Past. 

Jacque, Martin, and Bryan - thank you all for organizing and running some great PFS games and events over the years. I hope we will still see you all at the game table.

Also please welcome some new faces. 

In Northern Colorado, Todd Reidenbach is taking over for Bryan as the new Venture-Lieutenant. In addition, Brandon Ohrns, Scott Sinclair, Tanis Kevern are all coming aboard as new Venture Agents for various store locations in Northern Colorado. Welcome Todd, Brandon, Scott and Tanis!

In Colorado Springs, O.J. Pinckert and Everett Marrow are continuing as Venture-Lieutenants. Also not too long ago the springs gained a 3rd VL when Rene Ayala moved into the area from out of state. Welcome Rene!  We also have four new Venture Agents down in Colorado Springs. Please welcome Eric Parker, David Petrik, Randy Williams and Alex Martin. Actually they have been bringing PFS to the springs as store coordinators for a while now.

Here in Denver, Russ Brown (that would be me) has been promoted from Venture-Lieutenant to Venture Captain.  I also want to announce that Chris Mabbutt is coming aboard as the new Venture-Lieutenant for Denver and will be helping me keep things organized. Welcome Chris!

Whew! I think that about covers all the changes in the Venture Officer Corps since last summer, but if you have questions, post them in the thread on RockyMountainPFS.com. 

Thanks for your time.

Russ Brown
Venture-Captain Colorado-Denver

Last edited by Russ Brown on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ Brown

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Venture Officer Corps Changes

Post by CDragos » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Congratulations to All!
Jacque, Martin, and Bryan...Thank you for all your hard work and helping us to be better players & GMs!

Cheers!
Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks for the update, Russ! Looking forward to the new membership.

I want to personally thank Jacque, Martin, and Bryan for all of their hard work. Especially Jacque, who works tirelessly and selflessly behind the scenes to ensure that we all have games to play. I get the impression that being a VC is a thankless and stressful job.

Game on!

Matt McConnell

Sean Clark
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Sean Clark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Russ: thanks for the info and congrats on your new role - and an extra special "thanks!" for bringing in Chris Mabbutt.  I have had a opportunity to play at a couple of Chris' tables in the last couple of months and have been very impressed with his GMing skills.  I am sure he will make an excellent VC!

Jacque, Martin, and Bryan: thank you for all of the great work that you have done to make PFS a success in Colorado!

Highinquisitorlord
Society Field Agent
Name: Chris Mabbutt

Post by Highinquisitorlord » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 am

Thanks Sean. Those comments mean a lot to me.  :)

I've really enjoyed running the games and moreover look forward to taking an active role supporting the community.

Chris