New player questions

Moderators: slate, Kyphexler

LordGalencia
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Nathan Cejka
PFS Number: 215739

New player questions

Post by LordGalencia » Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello All!  It was great to learn the basics of PFS yesterday.  I look forward to our future adventures.

I did have a couple of new player questions:
1. Where can I buy a board character and what size should I get?  The ones I have seen say "28mm" is this the right size for the 1 inch board we used last night?
2.  Where can I find a digital map of the continent we are playing on right now and what is the current adventure set called?
3.  Any other suggestions for a new player? I have already read the core rule book, the organization guide for pathfinder society and a bit about hero lab.
4.  Where can I buy d20 dice that can roll over a 7...? I'm still trying to pry my sword out of that wall  >:(
Nathan Cejka
Store Coordinator Collector mania parker
303-870-0907
"There is no time like the present and no present like time"

ESParker
Store Coordinator
Name: Eric S Parker
PFS Number: 20781
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 5
GM Novas: 2

Re: New player questions

Post by ESParker » Fri May 20, 2016 10:34 am

Greetings, and welcome to the Pathfinder Society.  I'll try to answer your questions as best i can:

1.  Most game stores sell a limited number of minis, and yes 28 mm is the right size. Metal or plastic, pre-painted or not, it is up to you.  You can even use cardboard pawns if you like.  If you can't find them in your local game store, they are available from Paizo as well as others (Amazon, Reaper, etc.)  LINK

2.  You can buy the PDF of the Inner Sea Region HERE.  I don't quite understand your question about the Adventure set.  We are currently in Season 7 of the Pathfinder Society Organized Play Campaign, but that is described in the Pathfinder Society Guild Guide.  You can explore for more information from HERE.

3.  Here are a couple of forum threads that talk about expectations of a new player, and give you an idea about some of the things you might run into:

Pathfinder Society Survival 101

Painlord's What to Expect at a PFS Table

4.  If you find some let me know.  I can usually role high on a few knowledge checks or skill rolls, but can't HIT anything.
3 PCs Killed in Action
:( Five PCs killed from the other side of the screen
116 tables PFS 1E credit, 152 tables PFS 2E credit, 46 tables SFS credit
computerpro82@gmail.com
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by Russ Brown » Wed May 25, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for coming out and trying PFS Nathan!

Thanks for taking time to answer his questions Eric! Sorry I haven't been on the forum much in the last week - work has been keeping me busy before I head off to Seattle for PaizoCon for a week! :)
Russ Brown

LordGalencia
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Nathan Cejka
PFS Number: 215739

Post by LordGalencia » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

Thank you all!  I am actually in seattle right now flying out to thailand in a few hours, so no paizocon for me :(.  Thanks for all the great resources Eric, I have about a 10 hour plane flight ahead of me and only my core rulebook and those sites you recommended to keep me occupied, I should be ready to GM by the time I get back :).
Nathan Cejka
Store Coordinator Collector mania parker
303-870-0907
"There is no time like the present and no present like time"

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by Russ Brown » Mon May 30, 2016 1:34 pm

LordGalencia wrote: Thank you all!  I am actually in seattle right now flying out to thailand in a few hours, so no paizocon for me :(.  Thanks for all the great resources Eric, I have about a 10 hour plane flight ahead of me and only my core rulebook and those sites you recommended to keep me occupied, I should be ready to GM by the time I get back :).
Awesome, have q great time.
Russ Brown