Pathfinder Society Retail Incentive Program

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Pathfinder Society Retail Incentive Program

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:56 pm

All... 

As a means of encouraging us to support the wonderful retailers that generously allow us to use their space to play Pathfinder Society, Paizo has recently announce a new official Retail Incentive Program to encourage us to purchase from our local gaming stores.

Please check out the details here!  http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lj ... ve-Program

Explore, Report, Cooperate!
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277

Re: Pathfinder Society Retail Incentive Program

Post by Hjal Nelson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Interesting.  Seems like we were ahead of the curve here locally.

Of course, our unofficial "store incentive" program gives (arguably) a better in-game benefit for a lower purchase cost. (E.g. a reroll for the low low price for a 50 cent soda that doesn't even come from Paizo....)  Are the VOs going to discuss whether we'll revisit or continue our prior system?
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Hjal Nelson wrote: Interesting.  Seems like we were ahead of the curve here locally.

Of course, our unofficial "store incentive" program gives (arguably) a better in-game benefit for a lower purchase cost. (E.g. a reroll for the low low price for a 50 cent soda that doesn't even come from Paizo....)  Are the VOs going to discuss whether we'll revisit or continue our prior system?
From what I understand, not all of the stores along the Rocky Mountain Front Range use the unofficial "store incentive" program.  I will say that the new program is not necessarily worse, and if anything gives the possibilities for more benefits.  If someone wears a T-shirt, they still get their re-roll, plus if they buy a couple bucks worth of stuff from the store (and everyone at the table does this) then it isn't difficult to get up to $10 at the table.  For this $10, you get the fact that your character is harder to kill, PLUS either free healing, reduced cost healing, or improved Day Job checks.

So for a one-time expenditure of funds for a T-shirt, you can get the same benefit you already had, plus you can get increased benefits for buying things that most people already were buying...  Not a bad deal....

For now, continue to use the unofficial program while we discuss it amongst the VOs.  More to come...
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277

Post by Hjal Nelson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 pm

I didn't mean to imply one system gave better benefits than the other.  Rerolls is already a thing, so they wanted to give some benefit other than use-on-anything rerolls.  And giving better than that is getting into monty haul :D

I do think its interesting that they found a way to be arguably better without giving away ever-better mechanical benefit... give the benefit to the whole table rather than just the buyer... and incentivize multiple people to all buy something by pooling receipts for the empowered boons!

Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

rwcraigo
Venture Captain
Name: RC
PFS Number: 52753
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by rwcraigo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:25 pm

I love the official program! Especially since you don't have to buy Paizo merch. I've organized games at used bookstores and restaurants before and offering a benefit it someone buys a couple paperbacks or everyone pitches in for an appetizer this rewards the group for it.

I'm not sure how participation will be enforced (not sure if that's the right word). A store doesn't even have to be aware of the program so long as the GM at the table is.
-RC
VA for Game Knight Games in Pueblo, CO

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."