Core Bonekeep Party

Moderators: MoffRimmer, jbane, lochinvar_1971

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Re: Core Bonekeep Party

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:03 am

So I thought I'd bring up a few scheduling things that came up from last night...

First, even aside from some people not liking to play multiple part scenarios out of order or at least without having done the earlier parts with the same character, Michael and Hillary have really been wanting to play a higher level adventure and signed up for the non-Core "Our Lady of Silver" on the 30th of this month.  Since I'm running the Core "Shades of Ice Part 3", not sure if that was put in specifically for this group or if we wanted it more "in general".  Randy, if you'd like to switch that out for something else, I'm game.  Or I can still plan to run that one as Core.

Second, I felt bad that Hillary couldn't make it last night.  In addition, it doesn't sound like she's as interested in playing parts 2 or 3 without first playing in part 1.  One option could be -- I could run Part 1 again (if there's enough additional interest in it) the first week in December to help her catch up.  And then OJ could run part 2 on the second week.  Any thoughts on that? 

Related to that, OJ said that part 3 is a 3-7 tier module.  I'm not seeing that -- it still looks to me like it's a 1-5 tier.  Still, it might be better to wait to 3rd level and (maybe?) play up?

Last, I would like to run Dragon's Demand with the group as a Core.  (And I haven't seen many modules where the players can go up against a dragon.)  If people are interested, maybe we could do the first part of that just before part 3 of Scions of the Sky Key.  Although, keep in mind, it's a bit more of a commitment.  It will probably take two sessions to do the first part.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts I had after last night...

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:25 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: So I thought I'd bring up a few scheduling things that came up from last night...

First, even aside from some people not liking to play multiple part scenarios out of order or at least without having done the earlier parts with the same character, Michael and Hillary have really been wanting to play a higher level adventure and signed up for the non-Core "Our Lady of Silver" on the 30th of this month.  Since I'm running the Core "Shades of Ice Part 3", not sure if that was put in specifically for this group or if we wanted it more "in general".  Randy, if you'd like to switch that out for something else, I'm game.  Or I can still plan to run that one as Core.

Second, I felt bad that Hillary couldn't make it last night.  In addition, it doesn't sound like she's as interested in playing parts 2 or 3 without first playing in part 1.  One option could be -- I could run Part 1 again (if there's enough additional interest in it) the first week in December to help her catch up.  And then OJ could run part 2 on the second week.  Any thoughts on that? 

Related to that, OJ said that part 3 is a 3-7 tier module.  I'm not seeing that -- it still looks to me like it's a 1-5 tier.  Still, it might be better to wait to 3rd level and (maybe?) play up?

Last, I would like to run Dragon's Demand with the group as a Core.  (And I haven't seen many modules where the players can go up against a dragon.)  If people are interested, maybe we could do the first part of that just before part 3 of Scions of the Sky Key.  Although, keep in mind, it's a bit more of a commitment.  It will probably take two sessions to do the first part.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts I had after last night...
My bad...  I was thinking of Destiny of the Sands (I know for a fact, that one is tier 1-5 for the first two parts and tier 3-7 for the third...)  So that having been said, I would be more than happy to run part 3 as soon as we are done with part 2... 

Since your character won't be able to join the party for Dragon's Demand, I would be happy to step in with my Core bard...
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am

Randy gave a little explanation for March adventures -- just wondering what peoples' plans were for playing in March with this group.  I think that most of us just hit 4th level.  Do we want to try to hit one with this group and leave the other for some people to "catch up"?  Or play them both?  Or neither one?  If we want to play one, which one would people prefer?

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Post by musclecarlover07 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:26 am

Bill you weren't there Wednesday night for the discussion but as of now Jacob will be joining the group. He is fifth level. Has a paladin so we could use the extra healing and so on. I'm always down for whatever. I think only Hillary is an experience behind.
Micheal Smith

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 am

I signed up for one core table in March. But am waiting to e if my party schedule is going to change.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:39 am

musclecarlover07 wrote: I'm always down for whatever.
lochinvar_1971 wrote:I signed up for one core table in March. But am waiting to e if my party schedule is going to change.
I don't yet see where Richard signed up...

Are we thinking of signing up for both then?  (Honestly, I'm kind of enjoying these characters and don't want to level up too quickly.  Or at least, not before we get to do certain/some adventures.)

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 am

Maybe it makes sense for most of us to do "slow progression" xp going forward?  That way it's not as much a killer if someone misses one as they would be able to catch up fairly quickly with the next adventure.  And that would give us a little more time to enjoy our mid-level characters.

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:29 pm

I signed up to play 00-24. I wanted to GM the new Labrynth one on the other day, I've GM ed the first two and wanted to make it a trifecta.

Richard
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

Posted here in as well in case people didn't see the one in the wishlist thread...
lochinvar_1971 wrote: Randy,

Can you arrange part 3 of Destiny of the sands in early April for me to GM.
Bonekeep people -- It looks like most of us have one more level before 5th level.  We're getting close.  But because of how close we are, I'm wondering how much we need to plan out the last few before bonekeep...

I couldn't figure out what adventure had the artifact that was mentioned to help out bards.  If OJ has a little more insight, that might help.

I believe we would like --
The Dragon's Demand Part 2 (Tier 3-5) which grants 3 XP
The Dragon's Demand Part 3 (Tier 5-7) which grants 3 XP
Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Tier 3-7) which grants 1 XP

If the one that OJ mentioned is a full module, then it should grant 3 XP as well.  One thing to keep in mind is that full modules typically will have a tighter tier structure because they don't have tier adjustments written in.  So it'll be hard to determine where exactly to fit this in before we know what tier it's for.

In any case, the first question is -- what level do we want to be when we hit Destiny in the Sands.  If we do it now, we will probably play down.  If we do it when we're at 5th level, we could probably play up.

Dragon's Demand part 2 would be fine to run at 4th level.  I would suggest to run part 3 at 6th level, though.

So, with all that -- I would suggest...

We run Dragon's Demand next on the slow track.  This will put most of 0.5 XP into 5th level.
We run one (random?) normal adventure on the normal track.  This will get Hillary into 5th level.  (Maybe the rest of us go slow track so that she is the same level?)
Once we're all at 5th level, we run Destiny in the Sands part 3.  This should put us at either 0.5 XP from 6th level (or 1.5 XP from 6th if most of us go slow to allow Hillary to catch up).
If the adventure that OJ mentioned is within the appropriate tier, we could do that one at this time (probably should do slow track again).  If not the appropriate tier, we have some options...  (See below...)
Once we're at 6th level we can do Dragon's Demand part 3.  After this, we will probably be one or two adventures away from getting to 7th level and hitting Bonekeep.

There's still a few slots that are unaccounted for.  And possibly more depending on whether or not the adventure that OJ mentioned is in the correct tier.

Not sure if people are interested in the longer modules.  If so, the gp reward (even on a slow track) is actually pretty nice on some of these.  Especially the 5-7 tier adventures.  (Tier 5-7 Modules will grant around 8,712 gp on normal track.  Tier 4-6 will grant 6,756 gp on normal track.)  Here are a few suggestions on that front --
Skull and Shackles: Raiders of the Fever Sea (tier 5-7)
The Mummy's Mask: Empty Graves (tier 4-6)
Giantslayer: The Hill Giant's Pledge (Tier 5-7)
Broken Chains (Tier 5-7)
City of Golden Death (Tier 4-6)
From Shore to Sea (Tier 5-7)
The House on Hook Street Part 1 (Tier 5-7)

So...  Here's how I'm thinking the adventures should run up to Bonekeep...  (But, of course, I'm open to other options...)

In order --

Dragons Demand Part 2 (Slow track) -- This should put most of us just over 5th level.
The Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Slow track) -- Slow just to allow Hillary to catch up.  I think that Hillary may still be 4th at this point, so maybe swap this with the next one...
4-03 The Golemworks Incident (Slow track) -- Doing this as slow should mean that Hillary is now at the same point as the rest of us.
The House on Hook Street Part 1 (Slow track) -- or the module OJ mentioned -- This looks like a creepy and fun adventure.  Slow only because it grants 3 XP and there's still more that we could do.  If we don't want to do a module, I would suggest doing 4-06 The Green Market and 6-11 The Slave Master's Mirror (one of which "slow") as an alternative.  At this point, we should all be exactly at 6th level.
Dragon's Demand part 3 (slow track) -- again "slow" so that we can get a couple more in...
4-17 Tower of the Ironwood Watch (slow track) -- just to get the XP at an even point.
3-08 Among the Gods (normal track) -- and this should get us to 7th level.

Again, not necessarily trying to write things out "in stone", but would like some kind of plan or goal -- and thought it might help Randy plan things out as well.

Thoughts?

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:58 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: I couldn't figure out what adventure had the artifact that was mentioned to help out bards.  If OJ has a little more insight, that might help.

If the one that OJ mentioned is a full module, then it should grant 3 XP as well.  One thing to keep in mind is that full modules typically will have a tighter tier structure because they don't have tier adjustments written in.  So it'll be hard to determine where exactly to fit this in before we know what tier it's for.
The module is Plunder & Peril and is a full 64 page module...  You have to do three separate parts of the module and at the conclusion of each part you get 3 XP and 4 Prestige. 

I'm not sure about the levels and can not access the Additional Resources on the Paizo web site at this time (you should be able to look up the chronicle sheets on the Additional Resources.)  My fear is that the party might already be too high a level to start playing it...
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:09 pm

O.J. Pinckert - VC Colorado Springs wrote:
MoffRimmer wrote: I couldn't figure out what adventure had the artifact that was mentioned to help out bards.  If OJ has a little more insight, that might help.

The module is Plunder & Peril and is a full 64 page module...  You have to do three separate parts of the module and at the conclusion of each part you get 3 XP and 4 Prestige. 

I'm not sure about the levels and can not access the Additional Resources on the Paizo web site at this time (you should be able to look up the chronicle sheets on the Additional Resources.)  My fear is that the party might already be too high a level to start playing it...
I was wrong...  You just have to play through the last part of Plunder & Peril which is for level 5-7.  One module for 3 XP and 4 PP.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:39 pm

I found it.  Yeah, it's just part 3 and that part is set for tier 5-7.

FYI, that horn is a 9,000 gp cost.  But it is pretty nice.  Assuming that people would like to do that module, I think that this probably makes the most sense for the last of our adventures before Bonekeep...

Dragons Demand Part 2 (Slow track) -- This should put most of us just over 5th level.
4-03 The Golemworks Incident (Slow track) -- Slow just to allow Hillary to catch up.
The Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Slow track) -- Doing this as slow should mean that Hillary is now at the same point as the rest of us.
Plunder and Peril Part 3 (Slow track) -- Slow only because it grants 3 XP and there's still more that we could do.  If we don't want to do a module, I would suggest doing 4-06 The Green Market and 6-11 The Slave Master's Mirror (one of which "slow") as an alternative.  At this point, we should all be exactly at 6th level.
Dragon's Demand part 3 (slow track) -- again "slow" so that we can get a couple more in...
4-17 Tower of the Ironwood Watch (slow track) -- just to get the XP at an even point.

Thoughts?

I was wrong...  You just have to play through the last part of Plunder & Peril which is for level 5-7.  One module for 3 XP and 4 PP.
Last edited by MoffRimmer on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:49 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: I found it.  Yeah, it's just part 3 and that part is set for tier 5-7.

FYI, that horn is a 9,000 gp cost.  But it is pretty nice.  Assuming that people would like to do that module, I think that this probably makes the most sense for the last of our adventures before Bonekeep...

4-03 The Golemworks Incident (Slow track) -- Doing this as slow should mean that Hillary is now at the same point as the rest of us.
The Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Slow track) -- Slow just to allow Hillary to catch up.
Plunder and Peril Part 3 (Slow track) -- Slow only because it grants 3 XP and there's still more that we could do.  If we don't want to do a module, I would suggest doing 4-06 The Green Market and 6-11 The Slave Master's Mirror (one of which "slow") as an alternative.  At this point, we should all be exactly at 6th level.

Thoughts?

I can run it if you like...  (I'd love to apply the horn to my Core bard...)
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Alecak
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Alecak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Sorry I haven't been checking the forums like I should busy and all. I have a 5th lvl paladin in core already. Talked to Micheal about this and it's sounds fun. Just let me know with a text or I'll try to check the forums more regularly.
Jacob 'Alecak' Minner
jacob.minner@yahoo.com

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Post by musclecarlover07 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm

We are all playing next week. Destiny of the sands part 3
Micheal Smith