Announcing the Return of PFS to Enchanted Grounds in Littleton

Moderators: Drogon, slate

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Announcing the Return of PFS to Enchanted Grounds in Littleton

Post by Drogon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello Pathfinders,

The Society games at the Littleton location have gone through fits and starts during the first 18 months the store has been open. Some months have drawn great attendance (and GMs, which are the cornerstone of the event). Others have struggled mightily. I have tried running Standard Campaign PFS and Core Campaign PFS, both with varying degrees of interest. After struggling through the fall last year, I took PFS off the schedule to rethink things.

Here is what I want to try, now:

Classic PFS at Enchanted Grounds - Littleton

Each month, on the 2nd and 4th Thursday and on the 4th Saturday, I will schedule two tables of PFS for you to choose from. One table at each slot will be CORE Campaign. The other table will run classic scenarios from Season 0 through Season 3. I will make each month's announcement seven days before the beginning of the month. When I make the announcement for the month I will post a poll providing options for which games to play, one for CORE and the other for Standard classic scenarios. The top votes for each category will get listed on the announced games at the beginning of the month.

This WILL NOT work without your help. If you want to play PFS at the Littleton location, please participate in this process.

Even more importantly: games CANNOT happen without GMs. Please do your part and take the occasional game, or these events will once again stop happening.

Does this sound like a plan that you think will have some traction? Either way, I would love to have your comments. Please feel free to email me at Jeff@EnchantedGrounds.com or post in this thread to discuss what you think would be best for PFS at the Littleton Enchanted Grounds.

Watch for March's announcement and poll to go out on Tuesday, the 21st.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff
Enchanted Grounds

WaltRed
Store Coordinator

Re: Announcing the Return of PFS to Enchanted Grounds in Littleton

Post by WaltRed » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Whoo Hoo!

Love it.

I will reply and even try to GM some Core... Can I sugest some I'd like to run?

Thanks, Walt Straight
Last edited by WaltRed on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Please do. I would love to see you behind the screen, Walt.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Awesome! I would like to see (play or GM) more tier 5-9 & 7-11 season 0-3 scenarios in Standard. I'm wondering if those would get any players, though, since there are so many newer players.

Thank you for starting Littleton EG PFS again!

Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Well, the idea behind the voting thing is that if I get 4 votes, we have a table. So, the plan would be to put up a list of, say, 5 options, and let people vote as much as they like. If all 5 options get 10 votes, then obviously there are adventures that everyone can play, so I could schedule whatever looks interesting.

So, yeah, 5-9 and 7-11 adventures would be on the list, because there are plenty of players who have PCs in that range, but only get to play the new stuff because that (for the most part) is what is offered at Highlands Ranch. This would be a chance to catch all those adventures that people have missed in their playing careers.

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Sounds great! Looking forward to getting back down there!

Edwardteach
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Steve S.
PFS Number: 18716
GM Stars: 2

Post by Edwardteach » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am

Glad to hear it Jeff, looking forward to it!

Highinquisitorlord
Society Field Agent
Name: Chris Mabbutt

Post by Highinquisitorlord » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Drogon wrote: Well, the idea behind the voting thing is that if I get 4 votes, we have a table. So, the plan would be to put up a list of, say, 5 options, and let people vote as much as they like. If all 5 options get 10 votes, then obviously there are adventures that everyone can play, so I could schedule whatever looks interesting.

So, yeah, 5-9 and 7-11 adventures would be on the list, because there are plenty of players who have PCs in that range, but only get to play the new stuff because that (for the most part) is what is offered at Highlands Ranch. This would be a chance to catch all those adventures that people have missed in their playing careers.
Fantastic idea Jeff.  Certainly, I would love to do some of the mid-high level content as well.  :D

Looking forward to GMing and playing!

Chris

kimcdonald
Rookie Field Agent
Name: KimMcD

Post by kimcdonald » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I am beyond excited about this new structure. I'm very excited about older content making a comeback, from both a player and GM perspective. 

Mjolbeard89

Post by Mjolbeard89 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

New structure sounds awesome, Jeff! And I love having the chance to get some CORE games in when I can't make it to games at Collectormania.

I'm also planning on hopping behind the GM screen at some point this year, so hopefully I can do my part to make this thing run, too!

Jordan

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:54 pm

I take it that GMing these games count toward the EG 10 games/year GM books, pawns, mat & pens Award? ;)
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am

cdragos wrote: I take it that GMing these games count toward the EG 10 games/year GM books, pawns, mat & pens Award? ;)
Yes.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am

So, I'm sure everyone noticed I did not announce a list of game choices yesterday. I didn't because I have to wait a 24 hour period from the last general announcement. There were two announcements out of Springs yesterday, which sends red flags up with email servers like Gmail, and they start considering us a spam location if we continue to drop mass emails. So, it locks out further announcement emails coming from this site. Once a 24 hour period has passed without any significant traffic from us, Gmail will lift its ban.

Furthermore, I'm stuck in a loop of my own creation: I have not announced the Monday PFS games for Highlands Ranch. That has to take priority, so that announcement will go out tonight, once the 24 hour period is up. Then I have to wait another 24 hours to do any announcement for Littleton. So, you will see that list of voting options posted tomorrow night.

There is another way to combat this: If you have a Gmail account, please be sure to add this domain to your safe senders list. If you ever see an email from this domain in your spam, be sure to flag it as "Not Spam." Specifically doing these two things will eventually let Gmail know that its fears are unfounded.

This, by the way, goes for any major email servers (yahoo, hotmail, etc.).