Name: wilyum
PFS Number: 229362
GM Stars: 1
GM Glyphs: 1
GM Novas: 1

Re: July PFS GM & Player Call @ Enchanted Grounds Littleton

Post by Will.i.am » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm

I have a problem.
I don't know with game I want to play in tomorrow, thurday. I have this rise of runelord home game with im really enjoying and am the healer in, but we now have the leshys positive energy attacks, they can heal in combat. But the this game is part of Rats of Round mountain and you get a special boon for playing both in order and I'm playing the dps now that zack is GMing (Thankyou very much) so .......

What do you all think; should I come to home game, or go to the conclusion game I said I would.

Will.i.am
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Will.i.am » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 pm

Regretfully. We decided that Rafael will come to Littleton enchanted. And I will not, that way both sides get -1 player insted of -2.

Sorry again.
This will teach us to double schedule games.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4

Post by CDragos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Will.i.am wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 pm I have a problem.
I don't know with game I want to play in tomorrow, thurday. I have this rise of runelord home game with im really enjoying and am the healer in, but we now have the leshys positive energy attacks, they can heal in combat. But the this game is part of Rats of Round mountain and you get a special boon for playing both in order and I'm playing the dps now that zack is GMing (Thankyou very much) so ....
You guys, being mainly players, help keep PFS afloat at game stores. Without you, I would have probably canceled PFS at Wiz Chest a while ago. When you schedule home games the same day instead of playing PFS at your FLGS, well then, don't be surprised if I do cancel organizing games at WC. It's a lot of work and time on top of an already very busy schedule. I gave D&D AL league a try in case i do drop out of organizing games at WC. I prefer PFS way more and wish to continue playing, GMing, & organizing PFS but without players, there are no games.

Will.i.am wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 pm Regretfully. We decided that Rafael will come to Littleton enchanted. And I will not, that way both sides get -1 player insted of -2.

Sorry again.
This really irks me. I'm sorry, too. It's a very difficult scenario and even more difficult for just 4 players. I warned everyone of the difficulty in the very first thread. Like I have mentioned several times before: When signing up for a multi-part scenario, DO NOT sign up if you think you cannot make it.

It's been a long day for me. I drove really far to support a CORE game at CM and had a great time.
I'm really tired and kinda annoyed. I'll probably reiterate all this tomorrow. Please leave comments if you'd like.
Last edited by CDragos on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

lcnab
Society Field Agent
PFS Number: 2354385

Post by lcnab » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 am

GinoA wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 am
Ray wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:28 pm That is the north end of town, and everyone I know in the north is playing 5E rather than PFS.
I've got the power of Uber. :)

I'm fine taking a ride to get to something.
Well, how about a high tier game? 12+ ? I would love to experience one. One of my characters is about to hit lvl 12 so...

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4

Post by CDragos » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:16 am

Will.i.am wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 pm Regretfully. We decided that Rafael will come to Littleton enchanted. And I will not, that way both sides get -1 player insted of -2.

Sorry again.
Is there any way the Runelords game can be postponed? Just tell them you already signed up for a PFS game at EG where 5 paying players are expecting you to be there. That's what is nice about home games. They can be set aside momentarily since everyone knows other things in life can happen.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm

I agree with what Christian mentioned. I know that there are a lot of different games and options out there, but for PFS, we work together among the stores to make sure we don't overlap schedules and try our best to not schedule the same scenarios. It does shrink the community and make it harder to have officially organized PFS games go off when home games run the same nights.

Additionally, when scheduling this two parter, everyone was asked if they'd be available to make this day with affirmations all around. It would have been scheduled another day if someone had said no.

On another note -- hi Gino! Westminster to Littleton is about a 45 minute to hour long ride. I usually leave at 415 to get there by 530, and I'm a little closer to Littleton than Westminster, and games usually start at 6, in order to have enough time to run the scenario. Thoughts?

One last thing, Raf -- I am planning to run a big level 12+ scenario in August or September on a Sunday in a 6+ hour slot. I am planning to put out a poll on it in a few days.

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm

slate wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm I agree with what Christian mentioned. I know that there are a lot of different games and options out there, but for PFS, we work together among the stores to make sure we don't overlap schedules and try our best to not schedule the same scenarios. It does shrink the community and make it harder to have officially organized PFS games go off when home games run the same nights.

Additionally, when scheduling this two parter, everyone was asked if they'd be available to make this day with affirmations all around. It would have been scheduled another day if someone had said no.

On another note -- hi Gino! Westminster to Littleton is about a 45 minute to hour long ride. I usually leave at 415 to get there by 530, and I'm a little closer to Littleton than Westminster, and games usually start at 6, in order to have enough time to run the scenario. Thoughts?

One last thing, Raf -- I am planning to run a big level 12+ scenario in August or September on a Sunday in a 6+ hour slot. I am planning to put out a poll on it in a few days.

Yeah, we double booked by mistake, but I shall be participating today!

And awesome!!! count me in on those 12+ scenarios, I fear no death!

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Just an FYI, the tier range on the season 10 interactive special goes from 5-16. We will be running it at TactiCon.
Russ Brown

Will.i.am
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Will.i.am » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:40 pm

I have to admit that I'm worried, that we have so few players that if two people have scheduling issue, entire store games shut down. We all should try more to recrute more players to make sure not every game is a"home" game with the same players.

chzplz
Initiate of the Society
Name: Nathan W
PFS Number: 239438

Post by chzplz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I think you're missing the point. It was made explicitly clear from the start that rats was a two part adventure, and it was scheduled so that the same folks would participate in both games. Everyone agreed to today at our last session...
so, would the ability to backfill the table with this short notice be nice? of course it would
should we have to worry about backfilling a table on the 2nd part of a 2 parter where everyone agreed on a date/time? no, no I don't think we should

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Lots of open space for next Thursday -- limited availability to play this scenario since it's limited to being run by 4 and 5 star GMs.

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Hey Zack,

Sing me up for;

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:00 PM
Table 1: PFS #6–98: Serpents Rise (Tier 3-7)

Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:00 PM
Table 1: PFS #2-14: The Chasm of Screams (Tier 7-11)

Although I have the home game on Thursdays, I want to play that special scenario. Russ was talking about it last night when we were looking for 322...

Rafael L
Last edited by slate on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Serpent's Rise is definitely worth playing if you have not played it yet!
Russ Brown

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Russ Brown wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:15 pm Serpent's Rise is definitely worth playing if you have not played it yet!
Sweet!! Looking forward to it!!

Kyphexler
Society Field Agent
Name: Ray Varela
PFS Number: 213243

Post by Kyphexler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Anyone interested in playing pathfinder Sunday, July 21st? Don’t know if it coincides with other scheduled games elsewhere.
Ray Varela