PF2e Crown of The Kobold King mini-campaign interest check!

Moderators: CDragos, slate, Homunculus23

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: PF2e Crown of The Kobold King mini-campaign interest check!

Post by CDragos » Wed May 24, 2023 2:12 pm

I'm slowly gathering the stuff I need to get this campaign going for PbP. Things like images and maps for the slides, among other stuff, and familiarizing myself with the adventure. Just looking at who's still interested in doing this game.

Dan C.: Was interested but hasn't posted since his first post. We'll see if he wants to chime in with a character idea.

Doug: Paladin of Torag in search of ring. (Awesome plan. That's what I'm talkin' about.)

Logan: sorcerer or rogue. (Both good choices and will benefit the party).

Sammy: Elf champion of the Freeing Flame, revering Milani.
(This might be difficult due to there not being a temple to Milani in Falcon's Hollow. "Gods of the Expanse" is an obscure book that I did not know of until I looked up "Freeing Flame" on AoN. TBH, I'm not too keen on this build since it's not very "Core Rules" like I requested.)

We potentially have four players. I'll take up to five players and will wait for others who see this thread/post to express interest. Finding a fifth player should be no problem if I put up a recruitment online. There are dozens of PbP players waiting for the opportunity to jump into this game.

I'll be starting us off with a bounty, which will lead into the Crown of the Kobold King adventure. You'll be starting (guess where?) in a tavern! and being hired as (guess what?) caravan guards! (how delightfully cliché) on your way back to Falcon's Hollow for whatever reason you left in the first place; another good way to come up with a little bit of a background story.
Last edited by CDragos on Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Logan G.
PFS Number: 243126

Post by Homunculus23 » Thu May 25, 2023 2:03 pm

Neat. Stick to the Core Rules with maybes of the Advanced Players (like bloodlines/rackets and feats?)
Logan G., Denver, CO

Homunculus23
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Logan G.
PFS Number: 243126

Post by Homunculus23 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:14 pm

Homunculus23 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:54 pm
CDragos wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:01 pm It's best if all PCs are residents of the town of Falcon's Hollow, or are newcomers that have resided there for at least a few months.
Ok, I propose a halfling, either 1. A young and naive new deputy of Sheriff Baleson's (Ranger, Investigator or Swashbuckler), or 2. A smuggler of goods avoiding Kreed (Rogue or Bard). Maybe a relative of Harg's?
I am going to go with the smuggler concept.
I notice that Harg is a Sorcerer. If I was to play a relative of his, what bloodline would be best? Otherwise, Rogue smuggler.
Logan G., Denver, CO

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri May 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Homunculus23 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:14 pm
Homunculus23 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:54 pm
CDragos wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:01 pm It's best if all PCs are residents of the town of Falcon's Hollow, or are newcomers that have resided there for at least a few months.
Ok, I propose a halfling, either 1. A young and naive new deputy of Sheriff Baleson's (Ranger, Investigator or Swashbuckler), or 2. A smuggler of goods avoiding Kreed (Rogue or Bard). Maybe a relative of Harg's?
I am going to go with the smuggler concept.
I notice that Harg is a Sorcerer. If I was to play a relative of his, what bloodline would be best? Otherwise, Rogue smuggler.
Huh. I don't know what bloodline would be best. I think I got myself as GM in a pickle by posting the link to the details of Falcon's Hollow and such.

I guess choose whatever makes the most sense. *Shrug*
PbP games can take forever if players get too much involved with roleplaying their backgrounds & relationships with NPC's. This is something I want to avoid. PbP is slow. One hour of in-person play takes about a week in PbP with a normal PFS scenario. Don't expect a long, drawn out conversation with your relative.

You're more than welcome to write your own interactions with your relatives (like Harg) in your posts, but, I'm going to try to move the adventure along as best as possible and mainly deal with your interactions with the named/primary NPCs in the adventure.

I hope that makes sense. After we start, I'm sure you'll understand.

Consider this post. Nevermind the grammar & punctuation issues, but, you'll get the point.
Last edited by CDragos on Sun May 28, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat May 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Before we get started, you all need to create a PbP profile for your Crown of the Kobold King PC. Do not create a new PFS2e PC for this!

What you want to do is go to Paizo, then choose "Account Settings" from the drop down menu. Sign in, then scroll down to "Messageboard Aliases" and hit the "Create New Alias" button.

This is where you'll enter all of your PC's info. Since I type really slow and only use my phone for everything, I have a couple Notepad apps on my phone that I write my posts in first and also keep all of the templates of my PCs to update. I can take my time to write and edit until I'm ready to copy & paste it into the game thread. Paizo is a bit wonky and sometimes you'll get a "You backtracked too far!" warning if you try to edit your post directly on the Paizo boards. Or, the Paizo goblins will eat your post. It will just disappear! You only have a 1 hour window to edit a post on Paizo before it gets locked in. So, it's best to write your posts in a Notepad app or the like where it will be saved and then copy & paste it in the game thread.

The link below is to a template to use for your PbP PC. Just replace everything with your PC's info.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nHF ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by CDragos on Sun May 28, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:50 am

Hey, is this still open? Sorry, I've been away from the scene for the last few months. Hoping to get back in, but work schedule still makes it difficult.
-Matt M

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 pm

I'm working on it. I'll need to get with Doug to help him with creating a PC profile on Paizo. Other than that, We have 4 to 5 of you rearing to go. I just need a bit more time.
Last edited by CDragos on Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent
PFS Number: 172804

Post by DougErvin913 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:18 am

Don't hold up the game on my account. I can't commit to the PbyM format at this time.