GenghisCon 2015?

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Re: GenghisCon 2015?

Post by greywizard77 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:32 pm

No. PFS had their own convention a week ago. Right now the local PFS chapter will not be participating in DGA cons. As for the reason, well, it's complicated and I will let the leadership speak for themselves.

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by Russ Brown » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:12 pm

byDAM wrote: Is there any Pathfinder Society at GenghisCon for 2015? 

I hope everyone hasn't jumped ship for D&D.

Thanks,
Derek
Pathfinder Society is still going strong. Unfortunately the DGA (sponsors of Genghis con and TactiCon) have proven themselves difficult to work with and unwilling to fix the problems evident at their events for the past several years. As a result, the local Venture-Officer corps has no plans to schedule PFS games at Genghis or TactiCon in the foreseeable future.

We still have games available at our many local gamedays and will be working with the newly formed Con the Range to provide games in a convention setting twice a year.

Russ Brown
Venture Lieutenant - Denver
Russ Brown

Prethen
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Prethen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 am

Russ, how did the DGA react when the main Pathfinder contingent left their convention? I would think that it would be a fairly decent hole for their schedules and bring complaints from their customers. Is it possible now that they know the local PFS is serious about the issues that they could fix them or is it simply too late and it's preferable to just have our own conventions?

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 am

Bruce if you want more details you should speak to Jacque directly.
Russ Brown

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 am

I don't have to be politic.

The DGA won't fix their problems. They will tell you that they're going to fix them. Then they won't. Worse, they blame everyone else for their problems, rather than owning up to them and just addressing the issues. I watched for years as they treated their sponsors, players, GMs, volunteers, and coordinators with varying degrees of respect or disrespect, all based on whether you were part of the "in" crowd, as though you were in middle school all over again. They never once showed any indication that they were actually going to change their ways.

To be blunt, even if the DGA came to me and told me that they were specifically addressing the issues I had raised, even if they showed that they HAD fixed some things, they still would not get my support. I no longer have any trust or respect for that organization, and will not support anything that is attached to it.

If you ever want the laundry list of details from me, just hit me up.

Jeff
Enchanted Grounds

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:15 am

Well, I'll be at Genghis playing other stuff. I'm not ready to jump ship completely yet. I'll report any DGA shenanigans I hear about.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4

Post by CDragos » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Back in 1983 I came out from Wisconsin to visit my mom here in Denver for a couple weeks. I was an avid D&D player and decided to check out Genghis Con. It was the first and last con I ever went to since I started PFS in 2010. I was 14 years old and was treated like crap by the organizers when I asked for help and then treated even worse by the DM at the first game I played. Luckily, the people I now play PFS with (Jeff, Jacque, Russ, and everyone else) helped me lose my fear of going to cons. So I will support them if they no longer want to deal with the DGA.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver