Public Service Announcement: Be Kind to your Coordinators, Register your PCs!

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277
GM Stars: 5

Public Service Announcement: Be Kind to your Coordinators, Register your PCs!

Post by Hjal Nelson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am

I'd like to send a plea to our community:

Please register your characters on Paizo's website.  Up until recently, it has been a fun thing to do with no real impact whether you did it or not.

Now that the database has been modified to accept Vanilla vs Core-only games, it will no longer accept characters that are not flagged for the correct PFS Campaign.  That includes characters that are not registered.  They are working on a fix, but until such time the work around is for players to register their characters.  There is no ETA yet on the database fix.  Without players doing the work around, games with unregistered characters simply cannot be reported.

What this means to you (and I mean YOU!):

If you play a PFS scenario with a character that is not registered on the Paizo site, you're holding up reporting for everyone else who played and ran that table.
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Re: Public Service Announcement: Be Kind to your Coordinators, Register your PCs!

Post by greywizard77 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:24 am

How do we register a pregen? If we need to have the character registered BEFORE play, then how can we register something that is going to change or will be applied to a future character?

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277
GM Stars: 5

Re: Public Service Announcement: Be Kind to your Coordinators, Register your PCs!

Post by Hjal Nelson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 am

You can still play a pregen, and this announcement is particularly important to those people who did play a pregen.

You don't register the pregen, you register "your" character.  If you were new and played a pregen, you need to formally reserve your XXXXXX-1 (or whatever) character on the website.  You can freely change the name, class, everything.  At any time.  The only things you can't change are the number itself, and the PFS campaign type (aside from the once ever Core-to-Regular mechanic).

So, just register whatever character number you used for the pregen.  You can even name the character "I'll Come Up with a name Later".

As I mentioned in the original post, the problem is that if one player does not do this, then no one gets credit online, even those who already registered their characters.
Last edited by Hjal Nelson on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 am

OK. So basically placeholders are OK, as long the character has an actually number and campaign type. I recently played my first Core mod with a pregen. I think everything is ok with it.

Thanks for the heads p.

DavidPetik
Veteran Field Agent
Name: David Petik
PFS Number: 98293
GM Stars: 3

Post by DavidPetik » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 pm

I have reported 2 tables with unregistered PCs. I report the registered ones and did not close out the session. So far only 1 of the three has registered. I edited the session to add the newly registered PC and left it open until the other 2 register. I went to the open event, clicked on session then edit at the far right (any of them) and put in the missing account & character # to see if it is registered yet. If so just save and exit. I just feel it is unfair to make the other players suffer. It does mean I have to leave the sessions open until they register or the database fix gets put into place. The registered PCs do show up as updated (I had my son check his sessions). I just wanted to offer an alternative.
David Petik
From the planet of the "Puddin Brains"

Sior

Post by Sior » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm still waiting for three games to be reported (2 from the Con, one from other). Can only guess it is due to unregistered characters. Heck, could have been my own for all I know.

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Has anyone else run into the issue of having a character registered as Core, but then hearing that it had issues when the GM tried to report it?  This happened to me, and I don't see anything on Paizo indicating how to change/fix it.
Sean