Hello!

Moderators: Drogon, slate

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Hello!

Post by Drogon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 pm

As you can see, there is now a message board area for Enchanted Grounds - Littleton. The store's current projected opening date is late May, so just a month away at the time of this writing.

So, why the early launch on the boards? Well, I'm curious to see whether anyone has any opinions about games and times.

Things I know I will be doing:
  • I will continue as coordinator and scheduler for PFS at both locations.
  • Pathfinder Society at EG in Littleton will be Core Rules.
  • Instead of a "Learn to Play" game night the Littleton store will feature an "Advanced Character Options" night, where we show new players what kind of tricks are available in the wider world of the PFRPG rules set. Think of it like a discussion group for newer players (or players who haven't gotten too far beyond Core) to get involved in all the different things that the PFRPG has to offer.
  • PFS will follow the same kind of pattern in Littleton as it currently follows in Highlands Ranch. There will be one game day covering two slots on a weekend date, and two game days each month during a weekday evening.
  • All these things will, essentially, be a direct mirroring of what we do in Highlands Ranch. The goal, of course, is for each store to compliment the other's offerings, rather than further cannibalize or split the player base.
Things I am curious to see if you have opinions about:
  • Should I stick with Saturday for the weekend date? Or would a Sunday be a good bet?
  • What day of the week would you like to see evening game days on? I'm leaning toward Tuesdays, but have to admit temptation to giving Fridays a whirl.
  • Start with older adventures, seeing as it's Core? Or just offer a different avenue of play for newer adventures so you don't get disconnected from current stories?
I'm sure there are things I haven't thought to list here (be they things I know will happen, or things I haven't thought of at all). I would love to see what your own thoughts are. Feel free to post them here.

You can get in touch with me privately if you have things you'd rather not say publicly. My email address is Jeff@EnchantedGrounds.com

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Jeff

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Hello!

Post by CDragos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:11 pm

For weekends, I think Saturdays would work best. As for weekdays, Tuesdays or Thursdays. Since you're doing just Core Campaign, start with season 0 or 1. I still haven't done a lot of those even though I've been playing for over 5 years. Plus, it will help newcomers learn more Golarion history.

Cheers!
Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Prethen
Rookie Field Agent

Post by Prethen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:53 pm

I think having Sunday as a game day might be cool since players that can't make the Saturday game(s) at Highlands Ranch can go to the other store. Or perhaps if they're ravenous for more play/GM'ing, get extra game time.

A similar notion would work well for your mid-week game slots. I agree with cdragos about Tuesday/Thursdays.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Will a scenario be played during the Advanced Character Options thing? Or is it strictly a "discussion group"?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Unknown. I'd like to have a scenario played, but am unsure how that would look, yet. Maybe it'd be a "catch-all," St. Louis PFS style...

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:23 pm

What's a "Catch all"?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:28 pm

People figure out what they can/want to play, figure out who is willing to GM, then run a game. Kind of like the convention "Fiesta" nights, only more chaotic. On the Paizo boards, when you see conversations about how various regions coordinate their game days, you'll see nosig talking about how it's done in St. Louis. Thus, my "St. Louis style" comment.

It'd be significantly less chaotic with fewer people, so is something I would consider doing for this particular night at the store.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Ah-ha. Got it. Another idea would be doing a quest or two during the session. There's plenty of time to discuss things before, during, and after a short quest.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

That is actually an excellent idea. Thank you, Christian.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Drogon wrote: That is actually an excellent idea. Thank you, Christian.
And they're coming out with a quest per month (I think) which is perfect for the Adv. Chr. Options thing.

Also, I'm leaning towards Sunday PFS at the new EG since I usually can't make it on Saturdays because of work.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Jeff, are you aware of the retailer exclusive quests they are planning? I think the first one opens up "Unchained" options for use with PFS.

Link: Product Launch Quests
Last edited by Russ Brown on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ Brown

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:02 pm

I read about that yesterday, actually. Looks like an excellent idea, and I hope they are able to keep up with it.

WaltRed
Store Coordinator

Post by WaltRed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 pm

I'd vote for a Sunday game, as Sat is also played in Parker and up North.

Any Weekday works except Monday, & Parker has a Tuesday game. Friday could work for me most times.

Early games works for me for Core, as I joined just a couple of years ago, so I'm not caught up yet.

Where is the store located? (Address)

Thanks, Walt 

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:28 pm

WaltRed wrote: Where is the store located? (Address)
You can find the location information here: http://rockymountainpfs.com/http://test.rockymountainpfs.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2

Kerney
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by Kerney » Fri May 01, 2015 9:43 pm

One idea would be to make Saturday and or the St Louis idea a little more fun/interesting to have announced themes like "Blackrose Mueseum needs saving" or "GrandMaster Torch!" or "Fey!"