ANNOUNCING - Littleton - Enchanted Grounds - December PFS CORE

Moderators: Drogon, slate

cwitttt
Newly Confirmed Agent

Re: ANNOUNCING - Littleton - Enchanted Grounds - December PFS CORE

Post by cwitttt » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 am

Ok. To help the other players' decisions on what to play, I'm bringing a level 4 barbarian, a level 2 rogue, and a level 1 monk. Feel free to tell me which one to play when I get there.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:53 am

Regarding the time for tomorrow's game: Rudy cannot make an afternoon game. Seeing as his absence would drop you below the four player number, I am leaving the game at 9:00 AM.

Christian, if this is a problem say so now so that I can cancel the game.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah, I cannot make it. I have to work early tomorrow. I'm So sorry, guys.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Okay, considering sudden scheduling conflicts, I'm canceling this game. We can add it back onto the calendar next month.

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach
PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

Post by slate » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:09 pm

December might be over but my girlfriend and I are interested in attending in January.  We have not really played PFS (except for at PAX). I currently GM a Rise of the Runelords campaign with a bunch of newbies, I've played PF as a player a few years ago, and I've played AD&D2/3/3.5 back in the day.  Looking forward to being on the player side of the table again in PFS.  Big fan of core PFS -- way less stuff to complicate matters!

Girlfriend is pretty new to pen and paper RPGs but the RotR campaign has helped her learn. 

Can someone let me know what classes are the general make-up of the group, so we can try to balance it a bit with our choices?

Thanks!
Zach

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:45 pm

Hey Zach,

Here is everything you and your girlfriend need to know about PFS:

Pathfinder Society is organized play. The idea behind organized play is that you will not need to concern yourself with getting a group together and finding a time they can all meet. Just sign up for a game, show up, and you will play.

This is a link to the open play document on Paizo's website: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/v5748btpy84k4. If you download it and read through it, you will get all the information you need to set up a character (as well as get invested in Pathfinder Society). It is important to read this document, as all the character creation rules and rules of play for this campaign are listed here.

This is a link to the Pathfinder Society Primer book Paizo published for PFS http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yw6?Path ... ety-Primer. We sell it in the store, too, so you can look through it and see what it's like before you buy it. Not that you have to buy it, by the way. It's just more 'goodies' for you to use setting up your character.

This is a link to the 'Additional Resources' page: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/abou ... lResources. Again, you do not *need* all the stuff on that page. It is just a list of everything that is legal/not legal in Pathfinder Society from everything Paizo has published, should you wish to really customize your character.

In order to download the Guide (the first link), you'll need a Paizo account. You can register for that here: https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObj ... NewAccount. Obviously, that is free, but if you need any help with anything, let me know.

Prior to reading through all that, the only thing you need to know is that there is no "set group" of players that needs to be balanced out. There are several dozen players who move in and out of availability, and all of them have more than one character available to us (some of us have nearly 20 or more...<blush>...).

In other words: play what you WANT to play. Do not worry about anything else. Follow the guideline of making a fun character that is effective both in and out of combat, and you will enjoy your PFS experience.

I will be announcing the January games within the next five days. As you are listed on this board you will get that announcement. Just read through it and follow the instructions therein to sign up for games in the future.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Jeff
Enchanted Grounds

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Jeff, will you be announcing January's games soon?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes. Tomorrow.