Moderators: MoffRimmer, jbane, lochinvar_1971

emorrow
Venture Lieutenant
Name: Everett Morrow
PFS Number: 30338
GM Stars: 5

Scenario Wishlist for Enchanted Realms

Post by emorrow » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I wanted to create a place to raise your hand and ask to play a specific scenario on Wednesday nights at Enchanted Realms.  THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH, but I will take it into consideration for future planning of games.

I will do everything I can to make it work where I can to get these games scheduled as long as they are not going to cause problems with other stores, Paizo requests, or future Convention offerings.
Everett Morrow
Venture Lieutenant Colorado Springs

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."
W. C. Fields

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

Re: Scenario Wishlist for Enchanted Realms

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:48 pm

As the new store coordinator for Enchanted Realms, I plan to schedule a low and medium table each week plus a low level Core game.  I will also try to include a high level game once or twice a month if there is player demand for it.

I welcome any feedback on game scheduling, just let me know what you would like to see in the future.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 am

Our group was talking about the desire to take the Bonekeep characters (assuming they survive :) ) to adventures well beyond that.  (What do you call characters after 11th level?  "Retired"?  "Legacy"?)

Anyway, I was thinking -- especially for those of you that have been in PFS for a long time -- is there interest in breaking out some of the high level characters some people might have and playing on beyond 11th level?

I'd be interested in running them, but I'm not sure how much interest there is in that or how many people even have characters at that level. 

In part of our discussion, it was mentioned that there weren't that many sanctioned games to play at high levels.  Most of the Adventure Paths have adventures at high levels, but aside from that there are still a number that might be of interest...

Scenarios 1-46, 1-54, 2-05, 2-22 ("Eyes of the Ten" series) are all slated for level 12.
Scenarios 7-20, 7-26, 7-29 ("All for Immortality" series) are all slated for levels 12-15.
The Emerald Spire levels 14-16 are tiered for levels 10-13.
Feast of Dust has three parts and goes from 10-12 to 12-14.
Wardens of the Reborn Forge has three parts and goes from 11-13 to 13-15.
The Ruby Phoenix Tournament is for levels 10-12.
Academy of Secrets is for levels 12-14.
Tomb of the Iron Medusa is for levels 13-15.
The Moonscar is for levels 15-17
The Witchwar Legacy is for levels 16-18.

And people shouldn't just discount the Adventure Paths.  Most of them are written such that it wouldn't be too difficult to take out part of the "path" and play it by itself.  Serpent's Skull, Carrion Crown, Jade Regent, Skull and Shackles, Shattered Star, Mummy's Mask, Giantslayer, etc. are all viable options to play at high levels.

I know that after Richard is done running Destiny of the Sands arc for the Bonekeep crew I was planning on doing Part 2 of the Dragon's Demand and Part 3 shortly thereafter.  (And I overheard that you are hoping to keep the "Full Modules" down to no more than 1 a month.)  So there's time to ask around and see if there's enough interest.

But I wanted to throw this out there as an option -- especially for the more veteran players.  Sometimes it's fun to play high-level characters and it seems like many people probably don't get a lot of opportunity to do so. 

If you are looking for my top choices, I would probably choose Mummy's Mask, Feast of Dust, or Academy of Secrets.  But I'm game for whatever.

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

lochinvar_1971 wrote: Randy,

Can you arrange part 3 of Destiny of the sands in early April for me to GM.
Bonekeep people -- It looks like most of us have one more level before 5th level.  We're getting close.  But because of how close we are, I'm wondering how much we need to plan out the last few before bonekeep...

I couldn't figure out what adventure had the artifact that was mentioned to help out bards.  If OJ has a little more insight, that might help.

I believe we would like --
The Dragon's Demand Part 2 (Tier 3-5) which grants 3 XP
The Dragon's Demand Part 3 (Tier 5-7) which grants 3 XP
Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Tier 3-7) which grants 1 XP

If the one that OJ mentioned is a full module, then it should grant 3 XP as well.  One thing to keep in mind is that full modules typically will have a tighter tier structure because they don't have tier adjustments written in.  So it'll be hard to determine where exactly to fit this in before we know what tier it's for.

In any case, the first question is -- what level do we want to be when we hit Destiny in the Sands.  If we do it now, we will probably play down.  If we do it when we're at 5th level, we could probably play up.

Dragon's Demand part 2 would be fine to run at 4th level.  I would suggest to run part 3 at 6th level, though.

So, with all that -- I would suggest...

We run Dragon's Demand next on the slow track.  This will put most of 0.5 XP into 5th level.
We run one (random?) normal adventure on the normal track.  This will get Hillary into 5th level.  (Maybe the rest of us go slow track so that she is the same level?)
Once we're all at 5th level, we run Destiny in the Sands part 3.  This should put us at either 0.5 XP from 6th level (or 1.5 XP from 6th if most of us go slow to allow Hillary to catch up).
If the adventure that OJ mentioned is within the appropriate tier, we could do that one at this time (probably should do slow track again).  If not the appropriate tier, we have some options...  (See below...)
Once we're at 6th level we can do Dragon's Demand part 3.  After this, we will probably be one or two adventures away from getting to 7th level and hitting Bonekeep.

There's still a few slots that are unaccounted for.  And possibly more depending on whether or not the adventure that OJ mentioned is in the correct tier.

Not sure if people are interested in the longer modules.  If so, the gp reward (even on a slow track) is actually pretty nice on some of these.  Especially the 5-7 tier adventures.  (Tier 5-7 Modules will grant around 8,712 gp on normal track.  Tier 4-6 will grant 6,756 gp on normal track.)  Here are a few suggestions on that front --
Skull and Shackles: Raiders of the Fever Sea (tier 5-7)
The Mummy's Mask: Empty Graves (tier 4-6)
Giantslayer: The Hill Giant's Pledge (Tier 5-7)
Broken Chains (Tier 5-7)
City of Golden Death (Tier 4-6)
From Shore to Sea (Tier 5-7)
The House on Hook Street Part 1 (Tier 5-7)

So...  Here's how I'm thinking the adventures should run up to Bonekeep...  (But, of course, I'm open to other options...)

In order --

Dragons Demand Part 2 (Slow track) -- This should put most of us just over 5th level.
The Destiny in the Sands Part 3 (Slow track) -- Slow just to allow Hillary to catch up.  I think that Hillary may still be 4th at this point, so maybe swap this with the next one...
4-03 The Golemworks Incident (Slow track) -- Doing this as slow should mean that Hillary is now at the same point as the rest of us.
The House on Hook Street Part 1 (Slow track) -- or the module OJ mentioned -- This looks like a creepy and fun adventure.  Slow only because it grants 3 XP and there's still more that we could do.  If we don't want to do a module, I would suggest doing 4-06 The Green Market and 6-11 The Slave Master's Mirror (one of which "slow") as an alternative.  At this point, we should all be exactly at 6th level.
Dragon's Demand part 3 (slow track) -- again "slow" so that we can get a couple more in...
4-17 Tower of the Ironwood Watch (slow track) -- just to get the XP at an even point.
3-08 Among the Gods (normal track) -- and this should get us to 7th level.

Again, not necessarily trying to write things out "in stone", but would like some kind of plan or goal -- and thought it might help Randy plan things out as well.

Thoughts?

KatanaEdge316
Society Field Agent

Post by KatanaEdge316 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Been itching to play Rebel's Ransom. Would like to run it of possible sometime.
To every land I've seen, to all people I've met, to every swing of a sword, to every life I've taken and all those I've blessed, all done in search of an answer that I don't want to know.

-Austin

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:02 pm

In August July I would like to GM 00-06 Black Waters and its follow up scenario 07-07 School of Spirits. 

Please schedule around the Bonekeep Core games.  Thank you
Last edited by lochinvar_1971 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 am

lochinvar_1971 wrote: In August July I would like to GM 00-06 Black Waters and its follow up scenario 07-07 School of Spirits. 

Please schedule around the Bonekeep Core games.  Thank you
Sure, can do.  I will start building the July schedule this week.
Pathfinder #47387

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 am

I'd be interested in running The Emerald Spire if there's enough interest in playing it.  It's a pretty straightforward dungeon crawl.  Each level shouldn't take much more than a 4 hour session.  There's an ongoing boon that's kind of interesting where you can (essentially) gain parcels of land that can grant ongoing benefits.

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:38 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: I'd be interested in running The Emerald Spire if there's enough interest in playing it.  It's a pretty straightforward dungeon crawl.  Each level shouldn't take much more than a 4 hour session.  There's an ongoing boon that's kind of interesting where you can (essentially) gain parcels of land that can grant ongoing benefits.
Ooh, I have been interested in this one for a while.  I own the module and maps if you need any help ;)
Pathfinder #47387

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Another one I'd like to run is Gallows of Madness.  Finishing all three adventures for the same character can catapult the character to level 5.  :)

Seriously, though -- it looks like a fun low-level (3-part) evergreen adventure that I don't think anyone has played yet from our group.  And it could be a good way to get some levels into a character fairly quickly.

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:25 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: Another one I'd like to run is Gallows of Madness.  Finishing all three adventures for the same character can catapult the character to level 5.  :)

Seriously, though -- it looks like a fun low-level (3-part) evergreen adventure that I don't think anyone has played yet from our group.  And it could be a good way to get some levels into a character fairly quickly.
Sounds like fun, but with the conventions in August and the Core Bonekeep group getting ready to venture in to that dreaded keep for the first time, I think we'll look at September before we schedule this one.
Pathfinder #47387

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 pm

During the first week of September, I think it would be awesome if someone would run (and I could play) #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable...

I want to bring my first character, Silver Crusader Venture Captain Byron de Feu-Flame Oracle of the Dawnflower, out of semi-retirement...  (It is a Tier 12-15 scenario...)
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Post by musclecarlover07 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 am

Ooh I wanna play the tier 12-15. I know Hillary wants to play her badass rogue.

Also I would be down for the emerald spire.
Micheal Smith

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:53 pm

O.J. Pinckert - VC Colorado Springs wrote: During the first week of September, I think it would be awesome if someone would run (and I could play) #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable...
I would like to run this.  (I like high level stuff.)  But I'd like to "sign up" now (or somehow reserve this ability) which would give me some additional time to prepare.  (High level creatures/encounters take a bit more prep.)  :)

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Post by musclecarlover07 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:19 pm

I am down... so long as this doesn't interfere with starfinder... like I said before Starfinder trumps all pathfinder.

I would do this, play Starfinder, run starfinder, then do core bonekeep. That would be a perfect month...

Just a suggestion Randy... haha...
Micheal Smith