Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

We Be Goblins! - August 10

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Greetings Pathfinders!!! 

It seems as though there are alot of people that are scurrying to play The Confirmation so that they can get their Aasimar and Tiefling characters grandfathered in before they are no longer legal character races.  I imagine that there are also alot of people that are getting bored playing The Confirmation!!!  So what is my solution?

Glad you asked!  I am going to be running a special game of We Be Goblins! in honor of the Aasimars and Tieflings that need to get that one experience point to be grandfathered in!!  While you can replay this game as often as you want, you can not credit this towards those Aasimars and Tieflings that will soon be going the way of the dodo in society play!

It will be held this Sunday at noon at Enchanted Realms in Colorado Springs.  Anyone interested in attending should sign up on the forums by following the link that accompanies this e-mail, or you can e-mail O.J. Pinckert directly at whitemane_1@yahoo.com.

We Be Goblins! (Tier 1)
The Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh have stumbled upon a great treasure-fireworks! Yet unfortunately for them, the tribe member responsible for the discovery has already been exiled for the abhorrent crime of writing (which every goblin knows steals words from your head). To remedy this situation, the Licktoads' leader, His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad, has declared that the greatest heroes of the tribe must venture forth to retrieve the rest of the fireworks from a derelict ship stranded in the marsh. In order to prove themselves as the Licktoads' bravest goblins, the PCs must complete a series of dangerous dares, from swallowing bull slugs and braving the dreaded Earbiter to dancing with Squealy Nord himself. Yet even once they've proven their mettle, the adventure is just beginning. For the ship in question is far from uninhabited, and Vorka the cannibal goblin would like nothing better than a few tasty visitors....
GM:  O.J.
Player 1:  Zackary Gamer
Player 2:  Emily Gamer
Player 3:  Tim Carpio Campbell
Player 4: 
Player 5: 
Player 6: 

First Steps Pt 1:  In Service to Lore (Tier 1)
In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.
GM:  Sean
Player 1:  Joe
Player 2:  Jess
Player 3:  Hjal Nelson
Player 4:  Zaia
Player 5: 
Player 6: 
Last edited by WhiteMane on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Re: We Be Goblins! - August 10

Post by Drogon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 pm

FYI: this doesn't work.

According to posts by Mike Brock and John Compton you must have *played* the PC as an aasimar or tiefling in order to consider it having earned the XP. If you play a pre-gen (or a PC you plan to rebuild) then you cannot grandfather in an aasimar or tiefling PC.

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Drogon wrote: FYI: this doesn't work.

According to posts by Mike Brock and John Compton you must have *played* the PC as an aasimar or tiefling in order to consider it having earned the XP. If you play a pre-gen (or a PC you plan to rebuild) then you cannot grandfather in an aasimar or tiefling PC. 
Do you have a link that you can reference that on?  I only ask because in the actual announcement (http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgau?New-Options) they stated "Beginning on August 14th, creating an aasimar or tiefling character will require a special Chronicle sheet, as was the case years ago. The exception is any aasimar or tielfing character with at least 1 XP; these characters are grandfathered into the campaign."  That tells me that as long as you have 1 XP to put towards a character you are good to go.  It does not specify that you can't use campaigns that, by design, require using a pre-gen.  I would just like to see some clarification before we say definitively that We Be Goblins! is the only Tier 1 game that does not qualify to make a legal character.

In any case, it is still a fun scenario to play!

Thanks for helping me to clarify this!!!
Last edited by WhiteMane on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:30 pm

OK all...  it took a bit of digging around, but I did find the reference in which John Compton stated that we can not use We Be Goblins! to establish an Aasimar or Tiefling character.  (http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lg ... ptions#663)

More specifically, it says that you need to actually play the character in question and can not use a pre-gen to establish the 1 XP needed.  Since We Be Goblins! uses nothing but Pre-Gens, that establishes that we can't use it.  In any case, We Be Goblins! is still a super-fun adventure and anyone that wants to play it is welcome.  If I show up on Sunday and a bunch of people REALLY want to establish an Aasimar or Tiefling character instead, I will run Master of the Fallen Fortress instead.

See you all soon...
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Carpio

Post by Carpio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Ill go for we be goblins. The 1xp credit can be used on any character?

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Tim Carpio Campbell wrote: Ill go for we be goblins. The 1xp credit can be used on any character?
On any 1st level characters, yes...  but it cannot be used to grandfather an aasimar or tiefling character.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 pm

You found it before I got to a computer, so I won't link anything else. Sorry I was the bearer of bad news...

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Zaia and I are definitely interested.  I'll have to double check the schedule (by which I mean clear it with the wife).

Edit:  Just checked the schedule, and my wife said we are good to go!  Add Zaia and I to the list, please.
Last edited by Pippin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean

ThornwindFaerie

Post by ThornwindFaerie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Joe and I were hoping to grandfather  in an Aasimar and a Tiefling... if there is room for us.

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:09 pm

ThornwindFaerie wrote: Joe and I were hoping to grandfather  in an Aasimar and a Tiefling... if there is room for us. 
There is room for you, however you can not use this module to grandfather in an Aasimar/Tiefling... 

Apparently, they will release the clarified rules for grandfathering in characters, and you have to actually play the character in question.  Since We Be Goblins! uses nothing but pregens, you can not play your character that you want to have grandfathered in.  You can apply credit to your character, but the character needs to play in another scenario to be grandfathered in.

Do you still want to play?
Last edited by WhiteMane on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 pm

OJ, if you need, I could run In Service to Lore tomorrow (still keeping it as the back-up game for Wednesday as well since it's replayable) so that people wanting to grandfather in an aasimar or tiefling can play that while those who want to play We Be Goblins can still do that.  Just let me know if you want me to come ready to run it.
Sean

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Sounds good Sean!  We will plan a second table for tomorrow! 

Thanks for stepping up!

We have space for more people if you want to play We Be Goblins! or if you want to grandfather your character!
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277

Post by Hjal Nelson » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm

I'll show up to help make a 2nd table happen. 

Are we sure In Service to the Lore is still PFS kosher?  I thought it was retired (when Confirmation came out).

EDIT:  Ooh it was only parts II and III that were retired.
Last edited by Hjal Nelson on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Hjal Nelson wrote: I'll show up to help make a 2nd table happen. 

Are we sure In Service to the Lore is still PFS kosher?  I thought it was retired (when Confirmation came out).

EDIT:  Ooh it was only parts II and III that were retired.
LOL...  you edited your response before I had a chance to reply!

I will update the sign-up post when I get home later tonight!
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 pm

WhiteMane wrote: Sounds good Sean!  We will plan a second table for tomorrow! 

Thanks for stepping up!

We have space for more people if you want to play We Be Goblins! or if you want to grandfather your character!
Glad to help.  I'll get the maps drawn up tonight, so I'll be good to go tomorrow.  So, newbie GM question here:  do I just talk to whoever is at the counter to set up a GM account?
Sean